• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the Apollo Twin X is the only Thunderbolt 3 device I have tested (I do not own any others). I have tested multiple USB-C devices and they all work fine (iPhone, USB drive, etc.).
Do Apollo Twin X works? Note that Thunderbolt and Type-C are two different devices.
Yes, this is referring to the BIOS settings.
Replace CMOS.

To check further, attach a complete PR file as described in Post #1.

Do Apollo Twin X works? Note that Thunderbolt and Type-C are two different devices.

Replace CMOS.

To check further, attach a complete PR file as described in Post #1.
I don't think you are understanding. I am not reporting a problem, I am reporting a success. The Apollo Twin X is a Thunderbolt 3 device and it works correctly. Every device I have tried has worked correctly.

The BIOS settings need to be re-entered after a force power-off because that is the design of the laptop. Any time the system is not shut down correctly, the BIOS settings are reset to default. That is how this laptop works. I made a note of it so that someone else with the same laptop would be aware.

Reactions: EliteMacx86
I don't think you are understanding. I am not reporting a problem, I am reporting a success. The Apollo Twin X is a Thunderbolt 3 device and it works correctly. Every device I have tried has worked correctly.
Yes, your post got me confused ;) It's all clear now :)
The BIOS settings need to be re-entered after a force power-off because that is the design of the laptop. Any time the system is not shut down correctly, the BIOS settings are reset to default. That is how this laptop works. I made a note of it so that someone else with the same laptop would be aware.
Might be possible. But still, I doubt the CMOS.

Planning to create a thread for Success Reports or maybe will be integrated into post #1.

Yes, your post got me confused ;) It's all clear now :)

Might be possible. But still, I doubt the CMOS.

Planning to create a thread for Success Reports or maybe will be integrated into post #1.
That would be great! Let me know if you would like any additional information, or any other files or screenshots.

Reactions: EliteMacx86
That would be great! Let me know if you would like any additional information, or any other files or screenshots.
Very soon. Thank you for your participation.

@dimdom

Thread created. You can find the link below.

I'll ask for the screenshots very soon.

i am ready try, but still don’t work 😇

only work Ultrastudio mini recoder
Looks like your post was missed. Can you attach your PR files to check further?

Recently I tested something that works.
I bought a Wimaxit1560CTV2 touch screen which has HDMI input but also USB-C.
It worked over HDMI or USB-C (except for touch) via UHD 630 and my 32" Philips 325E curved main screen works with my Radeon RX570.

I wanted to connect the 15.6" Wimaxit screen via USB-C to have fewer cables and lower consumption.

Only my Asus thunderbolt EX 3 card (alpine ridge NVM 26) has only one thunderbolt port and I needed 2, 1 for the USB-C screen and 1 for my Antelope DS8SC.
So I found a used Asus thunderboltEX 3 TR card (titan ridge NVM 56) with 2 thunderbolt USB-C ports.

The problem is that my Asus prime Z390-A motherboard is not given by Asustek as compatible with this thunderbolt card!!.

So I replaced my old TBEX 3 card with the TBEX3 TR model but without being able to connect the internal TBC cable because it has 14+1 pin TBC and my motherboard only 5 pin TBC!!.
I also didn't connect the internal 6 pin connector for the charging power supply.
I only connect the internal USB2 cable.
I just modified the bios to indicate 2 thunderbolt ports.
The card like the old one was located on PCI port 3.

Under W10 everything worked but under Catalina the thunderbolt Asus TR card is recognized under Hackintool as JHL 7540 but only the USB-C screen and my main screen worked.
Impossible to recognize my Antelope card whatever the different configurations I tried !!.
And then as a last hope, I changed my PCI port thunderbolt card and put it in PCI 2.
Modified the bios somewhat, deleted my "thunderbolt hackindrom ssdt" in acpi/patched and there everything worked, the USB-C screen ert my Antelope card.

Only the touch function of the USB-C screen does not work!.
Or rather it works but badly, like a second mouse with only one cursor for both!. The touchscreen is badly activated but I don't see how to do it..?
Maybe by flashing a modified firmware ??

To sum up, the Asus thunderboltEX 3 TR card works with the Asus prime Z390-A motherboard but without connecting the internal TBC and placing it on PCI port 2.

If interested I will post my EFI and my ioreg and the photographs of the bios modifications..

Last edited:
Back again.
A friend of a friend has a AMD PC:
- Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Wifi Pro REV 1.1 Motherboard
- Threadripper 3970 Processor.
- GB Titanridge TB3 Card V2

I managed to install Big Sur and everythings works, exept the TB Card.

I tried the Hackindrom.aml etc. but thing is:

As soon as I plug in the Cable from the TB Card to the TB_Header on the Motherboard, the Computer fails to boot into macOS.

Questions:
Does a regular Stock GB Titanridge TB3 card work oder does it have to be flashed?
Do I need to connect the TB card into the TB Header of the MB or does it work without?

If the Card is not connected to the Header, the TB Menu in the BIOS disappears. So it seems the BIOS is not recognizing the card without the header connection.

Does a regular Stock GB Titanridge TB3 card work oder does it have to be flashed?
The stock one works. Flashing is required when you have to utilize a set of specific features or when you have a complex setup.
Do I need to connect the TB card into the TB Header of the MB or does it work without?
Yes and NO. Depends on the setup.
If the Card is not connected to the Header, the TB Menu in the BIOS disappears. So it seems the BIOS is not recognizing the card without the header connection.
That's normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kct454ll