• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Are you sure that your Hotplug works? Can you describe how did you tested Hotplug? Please provide the following information.

TB Slot Location
BIOS version
THB_C connection Status
TB Settings in BIOS
EFI (Exclude the theme)
Copy of IOReg
Here is how I tested it.
1. Boot without anything attached to TB, plug in my thunderbolt NVMe enclosure, eject it and replug, still recognised.
2. Boot with thunderbolt enclosure, eject it and replug, still recognised.
3. Do the same as 1. and 2. but with a Thunderbolt hub in between, plug and replug both the hub and the enclosure, all work.
4. Test again as 3. but this time with a USB-C drive in the mix.
5. Test again with video output.

So i am quite certain that it works 100%.

TB Slot is slot is the only 4X slot on the board, the card must go there.
BIOS F12
THB_C connection status: Connected as instructed in manual
TB Settings: see attachment
EFI: uploaded
IOReg: See attachment

Attachments

• IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
  • EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 118
  • iMac_tb3.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Here is how I tested it.
1. Boot without anything attached to TB, plug in my thunderbolt NVMe enclosure, eject it and replug, still recognised.
2. Boot with thunderbolt enclosure, eject it and replug, still recognised.
3. Do the same as 1. and 2. but with a Thunderbolt hub in between, plug and replug both the hub and the enclosure, all work.
4. Test again as 3. but this time with a USB-C drive in the mix.
5. Test again with video output.

So i am quite certain that it works 100%.

TB Slot is slot is the only 4X slot on the board, the card must go there.
BIOS F12
THB_C connection status: Connected as instructed in manual
TB Settings: see attachment
EFI: uploaded
IOReg: See attachment
Thanks for testing and providing all the required information for the Alpine Ridge. The thread will be updated accordingly. Have you checked for Sleep/Wake and Shut Down with TB connected?

Hi, here am I again.
So I want to get some more trying out stuff.
I was running the NVM43 MOD from CaseySJ Z390 board on the Titan Ridge Card.
HotPlug wasn't possible for my Audio Card in the Thunderbolt Chassis, because it never would link the Audio Driver to the card, when not using HotPlug SSDT the driver could see the card and connect it.
You have to do 1 cold boot and 1 warm boot in order to get the Chassis and card working.

So today I gave the latest NVM50 a shot, with no modded firmware the Thunderbolt Card is recognised in the system but no drivers would link to the card.
So I flashed the card with the NVM50 Modded firmware of CaseySJ, got the card recognised, but when using SSDT for HotPlug same story for the Audio Card in the TB Chassis.

I know a real mac and Hackint0sh are different, but when connecting the TB Chassis to my MacBook Pro the driver sees the card and can connect it.

So in my opinion it has something to do with the SSDT.

Hi, here am I again.
HotPlug wasn't possible for my Audio Card in the Thunderbolt Chassis, because it never would link the Audio Driver to the card, when not using HotPlug SSDT the driver could see the card and connect it.
You have to do 1 cold boot and 1 warm boot in order to get the Chassis and card working.

So today I gave the latest NVM50 a shot, with no modded firmware the Thunderbolt Card is recognised in the system but no drivers would link to the card.
So I flashed the card with the NVM50 Modded firmware of CaseySJ, got the card recognised, but when using SSDT for HotPlug same story for the Audio Card in the TB Chassis.

I know a real mac and Hackint0sh are different, but when connecting the TB Chassis to my MacBook Pro the driver sees the card and can connect it.

No experience with Titan card, but on my Alpine card with Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 Z370 chipset, no firmware flash was needed, just SSDTs and the right BIOS firmware version, i.e. F12. My Apogee audio interface was detected and hotplug works.

Reactions: EliteMacx86
No experience with Titan card, but on my Alpine card with Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 Z370 chipset, no firmware flash was needed, just SSDTs and the right BIOS firmware version, i.e. F12. My Apogee audio interface was detected and hotplug works.
Yeah, keep in mind my system is Z77X-UD5H, so their is no Thunderbolt support for it in the BIOS, this can be one of the issues I'm having...

No information of the Thunderbolt provided in your post. As per the guide, SSDT is must even if you're flashing your Card regardless of the vendor and Thunderbolt Family. The purpose of the SSDT is for implementation of PCI devices, providing Hotplug and TB Bus ID support.
It will never work with cold boot unless it's installed in PXSX slot. And for some devices, it may not even work on PXSX slot. So, a warm boot is needed with the TB Device connected. That's the only way to have a nearly complete TB Hotplug.
No information of the PCI slots and the TB device used for testing. No PR files provided.
What do you mean by same story? Always describe the problem in detail for understanding the exact scenario including your PR files and devices.
That's how real Macs work.
No idea without PR files and TB device information.

Yes, very correct. The Bus ID can be activated for Alpine Ridge cards without any need of flashing TB Card. The post will be updated very soon. Still tests are going on.

Yeah, keep in mind my system is Z77X-UD5H, so their is no Thunderbolt support for it in the BIOS, this can be one of the issues I'm having...
Not really. I've tested it on EVGA X299 Micro which has no THB_C header and TB settings in BIOS. Hotplug works. Tested with G-Technology 20TB RAID.

Mmmm, can you link me how to make PR Files,
Also, we have an topic about Titan Ridge 2.0 on Z77X-UD5H in the Thunderbolt forum

Mmmm, can you link me how to make PR Files,
Also, we have an topic about Titan Ridge 2.0 on Z77X-UD5H in the Thunderbolt forum
I suggest you to create a separate thread for a good progress.
Also, you already created a separate thread.
No idea, why are you replying to this thread when you have a particular issue and already have created a separate thread. From now onwards, use that thread. Provide the PR files and the complete details for more info.
To create PR files, specifically for Thunderbolt issue, it's has been described in the first post. Just check the Problem Reporting section.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanch.digital