10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

Titan Ridge can hotplug in macOS on cold boot?! with original firmware? this is news, I'm shocked. with nothing plugged at boot?

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AROUS GAMING 3
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

Titan Ridge can hotplug in macOS on cold boot?! with original firmware? this is news, I'm shocked. with nothing plugged at boot?
Yes, of course. That's what we have tested on at least 6 motherboards. More updates coming soon. Upcoming news will shock many people over the internet. We're coming with a TB 4 Hotplug guide soon.

AudioHack

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS PRO AX
CPU
Intel i9 10850k
Graphics
ASUS AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Hi all,

Great guide @EliteMacx86!

There is just one thing I can't get my head around. I'm trying to use this Focusrite Firewire Audio Interface via 2 adapters (FW -> TB2 and TB2 -> TB3 going into Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 expansion card). My Hackintosh build recognises the hardware and it comes up in Sound Preference menu as availbale Output device, however, when I select it no Sound would come out. All latest firmware and software drivers have been installed. Also, everything works like a charm in Windows 10 with the same signal chain, no issues there. Not sure what am I missing here. Whether it has something to do with it being a Firewire device, or ACPI path used in SSDT.

Also, I guess it's worth mentioning that the hotplug is not working for me either. Device only gets recognised if pluged in during the boot. It won't power up if I unplug it and connect it to the system again later on.

This is my first ever Hackintosh build so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
R.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

Hi all,

Great guide @EliteMacx86!

There is just one thing I can't get my head around. I'm trying to use this Focusrite Firewire Audio Interface via 2 adapters (FW -> TB2 and TB2 -> TB3 going into Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 expansion card). My Hackintosh build recognises the hardware and it comes up in Sound Preference menu as availbale Output device, however, when I select it no Sound would come out. All latest firmware and software drivers have been installed. Also, everything works like a charm in Windows 10 with the same signal chain, no issues there. Not sure what am I missing here. Whether it has something to do with it being a Firewire device, or ACPI path used in SSDT.

Also, I guess it's worth mentioning that the hotplug is not working for me either. Device only gets recognised if pluged in during the boot. It won't power up if I unplug it and connect it to the system again later on.

This is my first ever Hackintosh build so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
R.
Thank you for providing the details. Please attach the required PR files to investigate further.

AudioHack

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS PRO AX
CPU
Intel i9 10850k
Graphics
ASUS AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Thank you @EliteMacx86 for quick response. Here is the .zip folder with files. Hope I did not miss anything.

Best regards,
R.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 23

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

Thank you @EliteMacx86 for quick response. Here is the .zip folder with files. Hope I did not miss anything.

Best regards,
R.
Incomplete PR files attached. Please check the first post.
As per your IOReg, the TB SSDTs are correct and the device seems to be working. However, additional details are needed. If you're not having an Audio Output, it's due to wrong configuration and must be solved.

Last edited:

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900K
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

Hi - Further to my message on another thread - Im running Catalina 10.15.6 on a up4-x79 MB . Ive installed Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card which I flashed with DSM Mac firmware -latest version. Im using the pin method as I don't have a TB header. I got a friend on another forum to modify the SSDT for TB for Mac Pro 5.1 to my Hackintosh. Its working in that all devices except the most important one - A Focusrite Red Line 16 Audio Interface are working.The Red is seen by my system and can be controlled via the app and has a green Thunderbolt light showing its happy however it won't play system audio and as a result won't play any audio app. I have confirmed Thunderbolt works on the Red by testing the unit on my Mac mini which is a TB2 - I have enclosed screenshots of IOreg and Sys Prof for the device working on that machine - there are some differences. Im not clever enough to know if they are significant. Having found this thread I tried the steps above - the SSDT seems to have the right numbers although my bus is NPE9 - I installed the two files in the relevant EFI folders. This actually killed TB completely in my machine. Took a while to get back to where it was. Im really hopeful that someone with more knowledge can spot what I don't have right here. I think im close but the last part of this jigsaw is driving me to drink...:) Files enclosed as requested together with a working version in the Mac mini folder.
Hello,
First of all my apologies to miss your post. Interestingly, i'm working on a similar issue with the same vendor but another Audio Interface model. For your issue, i see that you're using a Dock. Have you tested it without the Dock?