• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Enable headless UHD 630 iGPU to mirror real iMac and enable sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gipsy

Motherboard
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
Intel I9-10850K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

Thanks to your help my system is now stable, I would just like to mirror real iMacs and enable iGPU (headless) so that I can use Sidecar etc.

In order to achieve that, do I just add the following to the DeviceProperties section of the config plist :

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) : ig-platform-id : <Data> : 0300923E

and then boot into BIOS and enable iGPU, saving and resetting NVRAM or do you recommend to do it using another method?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks to your help my system is now stable, I would just like to mirror real iMacs and enable iGPU (headless) so that I can use Sidecar etc.

In order to achieve that, do I just add the following to the DeviceProperties section of the config plist :

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) : ig-platform-id : <Data> : 0300923E

and then boot into BIOS and enable iGPU, saving and resetting NVRAM or do you recommend to do it using another method?

Thanks!
Do you want to enable SideCar using USB or over Network?

Hmmm I always had it working both with USB and over network using the above method but if I need to choose I'd say over Network

Hmmm I always had it working both with USB and over network using the above method but if I need to choose I'd say over Network
Cool. Yes, you need to configure the IGPU Device Properties, for a Headless configuration and you can have it enabled. Of course, don't forget to enable IGPU in BIOS. The DVMT should be set to 64MB.

Reactions: gipsy
Ok I made it work but...
When using the iPad connected with USB I have no issues everything is smooth but when connecting wirelessly the mouse pointer is very laggy and the iPad disconnects sometimes. I don't remember having this before so could it be a tweak to do within the plist or maybe trashing preferences and rebuilding the kextcache?

Ok I made it work but...
When using the iPad connected with USB I have no issues everything is smooth but when connecting wirelessly the mouse pointer is very laggy and the iPad disconnects sometimes. I don't remember having this before so could it be a tweak to do within the plist or maybe trashing preferences and rebuilding the kextcache?
That could be even your Network too. Make sure to check ExtendBTFeatureFlags in your config.plist>Kernel>Quirks.

What's your WiFi Card?

Provide your new PR files to check further. Also, include VideoProc details.

solved after adding the quirk :)

Thanks

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madness