- Jul 22, 2018
- Supermicro X11SPA-T
- Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
- 2xAMD RX 580 8GB
- OS X/macOS
- Mac mini
- MacBook Pro
- Mobile Phone
Fix Intel Iris Plus Graphics (Ice Lake) on macOS Big Sur and Later
An EliteMacx86 Exclusive Guide - This guide covers fixing Intel Intel Iris Plus Graphics (Ice Lake) on Laptops for macOS Big Sur and Later. By following this guide, you'll be able to achieve full QE/CI on your system.
macOS supports a wide range of Intel HD Graphics (also referred to as iGPU) but some of them might not work out of the box if you have not followed the config.plist creation guide.
Before you start with this guide, please know something about the performance. Graphics enhance the performance and helps to work smoothly. In macOS, full acceleration requires that both Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together.
Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together to enable full acceleration on macOS’s GUI. It utilizes the complete Graphics capabilities. In case if you haven’t enabled QE/CI on your graphic card, you won’t be able to use your macOS smoothly and there would be lots of lags and artifacts, graphic-related issues, and poor refresh rate. Also, the dock would not be transparent. Therefore it is very important to ensure that your graphic is working with full QE/CI.
|Graphics||Intel Iris Plus Graphics (Ice Lake)|
|Kexts||Original Graphics kexts in S/L/E|
|macOS Version||macOS Big Sur or later|
STEP 1: BIOS Setting
The BIOS settings has been provided in a separate thread. For more information on BIOS settings, refer to the thread linked below.
STEP 2: Adding Device Properties
The next step is to modify the config.plist and add the missing properties with the correct values.
1. Mount your ESP.
2. Open your config.plist
3. Depending on the bootloader you use, add the following properties to your config.plist under Devices>Properties (for Clover) and DeviceProperties (for OpenCore)
4. Save your config.plist file.
STEP 3: Restart your System
After performing all the above steps, restart your system for the applied changes to take effect.
Now you should be able to get your Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB will full QE/CI. And your Dock would be also transparent.
- macOS version
- Copy of IOReg
- Kextcache output
- About This Mac
- System Information/Graphics/Displays
- For Clover, compress EFI/Clover, exclude the themes folder.
- For OpenCore, compress EFI/OC.
- Do not include the complete EFI folder.
- Put all files in a folder with your name, compress files as Zip and attach files using site attachments only.
- Do not use any external links.