• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Installing Big Sur on Dell G3 15 Gaming (3500) Black (i5)

Your SATA Controller is unsupported. Add CtlnaAHCIPort.kext and you should be able to get the install screen.

Boot installation fails again. Bios are set up according to the recommended video. I've re-created the efi as instructed and I'm attaching its EFI procedure to better identify a possible error. Please check.

Attachments

• EFI procedure.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
Boot installation fails again. Bios are set up according to the recommended video. I've re-created the efi as instructed and I'm attaching its EFI procedure to better identify a possible error. Please check.
Why there is two EFI?

The first is the procedure script and the second is the finished efi, which was inserted into the Big Sur boot usb, then it was tried to run the bootloader, but again it failed

The first is the procedure script and the second is the finished efi, which was inserted into the Big Sur boot usb, then it was tried to run the bootloader, but again it failed
What do you mean by procedure script here?

These are individual screens (pictures) of the procedure, which can help identify possible errors in the process of creating the final effect.

These are individual screens (pictures) of the procedure, which can help identify possible errors in the process of creating the final effect.
Ah ok. Well, that's not required.

Anyways, I checked the EFI and you cannot expect it to work as you have only the CtlnaAHCIPort.kext in the directory, but it has not been linked in the config.plist. Add the kext in your config.plist under Kernel>Add.

Sorry to write it again, but I can see them all in config.plist. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm sad about it :(

Sorry to write it again, but I can see them all in config.plist. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm sad about it :(
CtlnaAHCIPort.kext is not linked in your config.plist.

This is how config.plist will appear in the OpenCore Configurator. It's straight from EFI to USB Boot. I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what or where.

Attachments

• screenshot_00056.jpg
    screenshot_00056.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bekam