• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

GUIDE Intel HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600 on macOS 10.12.x and Later on Laptops [Clover/OpenCore]

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Supermicro X11SPA-T
CPU
Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Intel HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600 on macOS 10.12.x and Later on Laptops

An EliteMacx86 Exclusive Guide - This guide covers fixing of Intel HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600 on Laptop. By following this guide, you'll be able to achieve full QE/CI on your Hackintosh.

Overview

macOS supports a wide range of Intel HD Graphics (also referred to as iGPU) but some of them might not work out of the box, if you have not followed the config.plist creation guide.

Before you start with this guide, please know something about the performance. Graphics enhance the performance and helps to work smoothly. In macOS, full acceleration requires that both Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together.

Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together to enable full acceleration on macOS’s GUI. It utilizes the complete Graphics capabilities. In case if you haven’t enabled QE/CI on your graphic card, you won’t be able to use your macOS smoothly and there would be lots of lags and artifacts, graphic related issues and poor refresh rate. Also the dock would not be transparent. Therefore it is very important to ensure that your graphic is working with full QE/CI.

Requirements

GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600
KextsOriginal Graphics kexts in S/L/E
macOS VersionmacOS Mojave 10.12.x or later

BIOS Setting

The BIOS settings has been provided in a separate thread. For more information on BIOS settings, refer to the thread linked below.

Config.plist

The config.plist file must be as per the guide.

For Clover:

For OpenCore:

Restart your System

After performing all the above steps, restart your system for the applied changes to take effect.
Now you should be able to get your Intel HD Graphics 1536 MB will full QE/CI. And your Dock would be also transparent.

Problem Reporting

Details:
  1. macOS version
  2. Copy of IOReg
  3. Kextcache output
Screen shots:
  • DPCIManager/Status
  • About This Mac
  • System Information/Graphics/Displays
Files:
  • For Clover, compress EFI/Clover, exclude the themes folder.
  • For OpenCore, compress EFI/OC.
Notes:
  • Do not include complete EFI folder.
  • Put all files in a folder with your name, compress files as Zip and attach files using site attachments only.
  • Do not use any external links.

Credits :
RehabMan

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you for your guide, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I am still getting 7mb of Vram only.
I am attaching the Problem Reporting as required. Looking forward to hear from you. thank you in advance.

Attachments

• rbolt168 - Problem Reporting.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,473
Last edited by a moderator:
Please fix your profile as per FAQ. https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-questions-related-to-laptop.175/
The files are not as per the guide. Next to that, the ig-platform-id you're using is not correct. The guide says to use 0x0a260006 as a platform id and you're injecting 0x0d220003 which is wrong.

Hello @EliteMacx86 appreciate you promptly coming back to me. the reason it was one 0x0d220003 because I was playing around with the graphics settings when I took the Problem report. Regarding the profile I am making multiple machines now so it was not consistent with the current machine i was working on.
You are mentioning some files are you referring to the Kext installed?

Hello @EliteMacx86 appreciate you promptly coming back to me. the reason it was one 0x0d220003 because I was playing around with the graphics settings when I took the Problem report. Regarding the profile I am making multiple machines now so it was not consistent with the current machine i was working on.
You are mentioning some files are you referring to the Kext installed?
Please fix your profile as per FAQ. https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-questions-related-to-laptop.175/
Follow the installation guide here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...ller-on-laptops-using-clover-uefi-legacy.177/

Report with new set of files.

Hello,
thanks for your inputs, I reverted back the changes as per guide. I need to removed the Intel Inject again so I can extract the information required.
Attached is the Problem Report for help please. thank you very much in advance.

• CPU model - Intel i5-4210Y
  • Chipset - Intel (mobo E241819)
  • Graphics - Intel HD 4200 (integrated)
  • RAM - 8GB DDR3
  • Audio Codec - ALC662v2
I hope this is all you needed.
This is not a notebook, this is a DIY NUC with a mini pc case. Just using a mobile components.

Attachments

• rbolt168 - Problem Report.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 786
Hello,
thanks for your inputs, I reverted back the changes as per guide. I need to removed the Intel Inject again so I can extract the information required.
Attached is the Problem Report for help please. thank you very much in advance.

• CPU model - Intel i5-4210Y
  • Chipset - Intel (mobo E241819)
  • Graphics - Intel HD 4200 (integrated)
  • RAM - 8GB DDR3
  • Audio Codec - ALC662v2
I hope this is all you needed.
This is not a notebook, this is a DIY NUC with a mini pc case. Just using a mobile components.
Inject Intel must be checked. Again, the files are not as per the guide. It's not the appropriate config.plist. Next to that, you've provided incomplete PR files. IOReg is missing.
You should update the specs in your profile. Not here.

Hi,

after Step 5 do i need to install the Kext in the clover kext folder?

Hi,

after Step 5 do i need to install the Kext in the clover kext folder?
Remove the unnecessary kexts from the Clover/Kexts/Other directory. And use Lilu+WEG. The Graphics kexts are not required to install. Reply with new set of PR files.

Hi EliteMac appreciate your attention on this, thank you. I attached a new set of PR files. I have been formatting this machine for the 4-5 times already. Just to mention again that I unchecked the Intelinject so I can boot up the machine, else I till have the "kext Stall 'IGPU' " and won't be able to take the screenshots.

Intel UHD Graphics: HD4200
OSX: 10.13.6

thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 766