• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Big Sur 11.6.4 on T3500 with OC 0.7.8

Any chaces of getting iservices running ? Because I get "can't use iMessage on this Mac talk to custom support".
In such case, you'll need to contact Apple and ask them to activate your iServices.

Any chaces of getting iservices running ? Because I get "can't use iMessage on this Mac talk to custom support".
iServices work when setup properly, however seems you may've blacklisted your Apple ID. Here's a link to dortania guides regarding blacklisted Apple ID - OC - iServices. You can contact apple by live chat if you have it available in your country or simply use Opera browser with North America VPN to access apple's live chat.

Edit: It's good to have setup iMessage previously on iPhone/iPad and have a payment method added and optionally one purchase of app/book/music etc to avoid blacklisting.

I believe all the issues I'm having are covered in the guide already, such as no reboot for example. I think shutdown isn't working properly either...
The shutdown sometimes works on my side, sometimes doesn't. After further investigation and digging inside EDK APIs it seems like there's lack of legacy support (correct me if I'm wrong). However Clover seems to work fine without any issues - reboot and shutdown do work properly with the latest release (5138).

When I have more free time I may fork the OC repo, reuse and rewrite some of the code from Clover to add legacy support if there's enough demand. However updating such project requires time each month when OC has new version and it's possible I may not be available, so other maintainers should help in such cases for the project to be up to date. I'll be happy to receive feedback for this idea.

Hi @np44, thanks a lot for this very informative guide! I am on the same platform (X58 and X5670 cpu), Big Sur works OK with OC 0.7 but hopefully I can have your help making it better.

1. CPU PM: how do you generate this SSDT using Clover? ssdtPRGen doesn't for me either. Now I have two states only.

2. I like to implement AppleLPC and SMBus. Are your SSDT-LPCB.aml SSDT-MCHC.aml SSDT-SBUS.aml link to specific BIOS or they are just universal?

3. I have USB 1.1 issue with everyone else, even worse as it affects shutdowns, e.g. it doesn't power off if USB 1.1 devices are plugged. I guess I have to use USB 2.0 hub.

lastly, I supposed SSDT-DTGP.aml and SSDT-MCDP.aml are needed only with DSDT right? because I don't use DSDT.

Reactions: np44
Hi @np44, thanks a lot for this very informative guide! I am on the same platform (X58 and X5670 cpu), Big Sur works OK with OC 0.7 but hopefully I can have your help making it better.

1. CPU PM: how do you generate this SSDT using Clover? ssdtPRGen doesn't for me either. Now I have two states only.

2. I like to implement AppleLPC and SMBus. Are your SSDT-LPCB.aml SSDT-MCHC.aml SSDT-SBUS.aml link to specific BIOS or they are just universal?

3. I have USB 1.1 issue with everyone else, even worse as it affects shutdowns, e.g. it doesn't power off if USB 1.1 devices are plugged. I guess I have to use USB 2.0 hub.

lastly, I supposed SSDT-DTGP.aml and SSDT-MCDP.aml are needed only with DSDT right? because I don't use DSDT.
1. CPU PM - You can check this for ssdtPRGen - https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/236 and if it doesn't help, you can create normal Clover USB and tick the checkboxes on Clover Configurator to generate C&P states for your CPU, boot it and dump the tables with F4 i think it was, then you can boot with OC and copy the dumped SSDT from the Clover USB to OC.

2. The LPC Bridge on my motherboard is at specific path (\_SB.PCI0.ISA), so you will need to find it using Hackintool (Look for LPC/LPCB/ISA or google for more examples what this can be called in a DSDT device path). Also mine address as example appears as 3a16 on Windows and 3a18 on macOS, so be careful with that if you use Windows. The rest are probably universal (compare the paths and the addresses), because the SMBus is fake device in this case.

3. Yes, you need to plug USB 1.1 devices into USB 2.0 hub.

4. The DTGP method is called in some SSDTs, so this is why it's included. The MCDP was the one used sometimes before DTGP (i think) and it doesn't do any harm. No DSDT modification is needed, it's only dumped and used as a reference for what needs to be patched via SSDTs.

Yes I got that ssdtPRGen link but it isn't work. I just tried Clover, F4 generate 3 SSDT files (SSDT-0-CpuPm.aml, SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml and SSDT-x0_1-P001Cst), which one should be used?

I tried SSDT-0-CpuPm.aml, SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml but still giving me two states only, which is base clock and max all cores frequently. I am missing all states in between, and the +1 single core boost.

Yes I got that ssdtPRGen link but it isn't work. I just tried Clover, F4 generate 3 SSDT files (SSDT-0-CpuPm.aml, SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml and SSDT-x0_1-P001Cst), which one should be used?

I tried SSDT-0-CpuPm.aml, SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml but still giving me two states only, which is base clock and max all cores frequently. I am missing all states in between, and the +1 single core boost.
Can you attach them in your post, so I can take a look at them?

Hi @np44, here it is.

I actually checked inside using MaciASL, the file SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml seems to have 12 states, from x12 to x23 ratio. However, I am getting only x12 and x22 in the reality, anything in between just ineffective. In theory, X5670 should have turbo boosted x24 all core and x25 for single core.

By the way the motherboard is Asus P6X58D-E and I am using MacPro5,1 smbios with -no_compat_check. I tried MacPro6,1 also but it doesn't make any different.

Attachments

• acp_origin.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 59
Hi @np44, here it is.

I actually checked inside using MaciASL, the file SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml seems to have 12 states, from x12 to x23 ratio. However, I am getting only x12 and x22 in the reality, anything in between just ineffective. In theory, X5670 should have turbo boosted x24 all core and x25 for single core.

By the way the motherboard is Asus P6X58D-E and I am using MacPro5,1 smbios with -no_compat_check. I tried MacPro6,1 also but it doesn't make any different.
Can you check when you boot with OC what options appear inside MaciASL -> New from ACPI, because the SSDTs inside the archive look like they are OEM and not generated by Clover. If that's the case you can drop the OEM tables via Clover Configurator and this will allow the Clover-generated ones to be loaded and dumped with F4. If the multipliers are still the same then there will be more experimenting.

You should also switch to MacPro6,1 smbios for Big Sur.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haiderhabbeb313