• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Two-step Verification and forum Navigation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsradu

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
MSi Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU
Intel Core i5-4750
Graphics
MSI Nvidia GTX 650 OC 2GB DDR5
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

Well, maybe it would be better to have a separate section for Site Issues...just like we have for Suggestions? Just so that people can easily find that? It's not really intuitive to look for Site Issues into the Suggestions section. Just my opinion. I guess that would be my suggestion. LOL

Also, nobody likes issues, but...well, sometimes they do occur. :) And it would be nice to have them all in one place for fixing.

So I'd like to open this thread for the few site issues I've found so far (will update this thread as soon as I have more info, either from my experience, or from other members).

Not sure if all the users are now required to use two-factor authentication for login. I don't remember having to activate that, as a regular user. But...anyway. It's an issue. :)

The code generated for two-factor authentication doesn't seem to work.... Just in case it make any difference, I copy-pasted it. Also, it looks like it doesn't support codes that long....? Looks like the code is cut off at the end. Or maybe I did something wrong. Would like a confirmation on that, if possible.

Also, I guess this is not the way to "enter the secret" into the app directly... :)) One word missing there: code.

IMG_0553.png

Also, small issue with the word spacing there.

IMG_0555.png

Last edited:
Well, maybe it would be better to have a separate section for Site Issues...just like we have for Suggestions? Just so that people can easily find that? It's not really intuitive to look for Site Issues into the Suggestions section. Just my opinion. I guess that would be my suggestion. LOL
Well, i think it would be good if we separate both. "Site Suggestions" and "Site Issues" or the errors.
Not sure if all the users are now required to use two-factor authentication for login. I don't remember having to activate that, as a regular user. But...anyway. It's an issue. :)
It's an optional feature for the two-factor authentication or the two- step verification. For all the Account security, we recommend to use this authentication feature. Once enabled, you'll need to enter the code sent to your mail or the phone and then you can login into your Account on this forum.
To activate this feature, login into your Account, go to Account Settings and select Password and Security and you can enable two-step verification by selecting one of the option available.
The code generated for two-factor authentication doesn't seem to work.... Just in case it make any difference, I copy-pasted it. Also, it looks like it doesn't support codes that long....? Looks like the code is cut off at the end. Or maybe I did something wrong. Would like a confirmation on that, if possible.
The Code generated for two-factor authentication does work. I used a test account before reporting it to the Site Administrator. The issue is definitely from your end. I used iPhone and Google Authenticator, time based and once the time is lapsed, you'll need to enter the different Code. The scan code appears to be correct and the code received, is also correct. When filled, the feature is enabled. I also tested it with Android running Oreo 8.0. As expected, the feature works via scan code and manually entry of Code.
So i suggest you to check it again and then report back to us.
Also, I guess this is not the way to "enter the secret" into the app directly... :)) One word missing there: code.

img_0553-png.590
Yes, i wonder how it got missed. This is actually missing. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Also, small issue with the word spacing there.

img_0555-png.591
It's not a spacing issue but wrong implementation of the replies in Mobile style. This is issue and we're working on it. We'll update once it's fixed.
Thanks

The "Code" issue has been fixed. You can find the new change in the screenshot attached below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.36.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 7.36.21 PM.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 398
The two-factor authentication issue was definitely my bad. Sorry about that. :D The codes generated with Google Athenticator work properly indeed. However, the two-step authentication process itself doesn't seem to be optional. Yesterday, I couldn't do anything until I switched that on. :)) I mean, I don't mind. But if it's supposed to be optional (though recommended), right now, it doesn't look like it is. Or at least not for me. Maybe it is optional for regular users. Because, as a regular user, I wasn't required to switch to that immediately. But as a mod, I couldn't do anything or see anything until I switched that on. :)

The two-factor authentication issue was definitely my bad. Sorry about that.
No worries
The codes generated with Google Athenticator work properly indeed. However, the two-step authentication process itself doesn't seem to be optional. Yesterday, I couldn't do anything until I switched that on. :)) I mean, I don't mind. But if it's supposed to be optional, right now, it doesn't look like it is. Or at least not for me. Maybe it is optional for regular users. Because, as a regular user, I wasn't required to switch to that immediately. But as a mod, I couldn't do anything or see anything until I switched that on. :)
Well, As a Administrator, i checked this thing. And also setup a test account, and it works like a charm.

By default, the two-step verification isn't enabled for any accounts. But once you enable it, you'll need to set it up. You can disable and enable it anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Change4209