• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Radeon Pro WX4100 not working on macOS Sonoma

jhend1john

Motherboard
Ab@159487
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX4100
OS X/macOS
12.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Been using hackintoshs for a long time back in the Lion days. Still a novice though. Follow directions well and am tenacious. Going from Big Sur to Sonoma after skipping out. Last machine as an HP 8300 Big Sur with OC loader. Current machine is a MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi with i5-10600K. Running Sonoma 14.3.1. Trying to get a Radeon Pro WX 4100 working in it. This is why i joined.

Attachments

• MSI Z490.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Been using hackintoshs for a long time back in the Lion days. Still a novice though. Follow directions well and am tenacious. Going from Big Sur to Sonoma after skipping out. Last machine as an HP 8300 Big Sur with OC loader. Current machine is a MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi with i5-10600K. Running Sonoma 14.3.1. Trying to get a Radeon Pro WX 4100 working in it. This is why i joined.
Hello and Welcome to EliteMacx86!

WX4100 is a natively supported card and it should work OOTB.

As expected, the EFI is not as per the guide. You must fix it. Sonoma has changed a lot.

Can’t get it to work in Monterey either. Using the same EFI for Monterey and Sonoma. OC version is 0.99 and latest Kexts. Run Windows 11 with a monitor on HDMI off of iGPU and another screen off of DP of dGPU in W11. However, DP port on dGPU never gets past Apple logo. After long boot time can only get iGPU display. System Report shows the graphics card. Even shows a kext loaded for it. But no output. The long boot time is indicative of something wrong with the graphics configuration.

Can’t get it to work in Monterey either. Using the same EFI for Monterey and Sonoma. OC version is 0.99 and latest Kexts. Run Windows 11 with a monitor on HDMI off of iGPU and another screen off of DP of dGPU in W11. However, DP port on dGPU never gets past Apple logo. After long boot time can only get iGPU display. System Report shows the graphics card. Even shows a kext loaded for it. But no output. The long boot time is indicative of something wrong with the graphics configuration.
Attach the EFI you're using to boot.

Yeah I just trying to get the Radeon Pro WX 4100 it's not working I tried using the working RX550 EFI and just changed the device ID and the audio ID but it's giving me a black screen basically I added SMCRadeonSensors-2.0.0-RELEASE also.

No PR Files attached!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minami