• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the great work about this problem. It will really help a lot of users to use their gear at 100%!

I have a Mac Pro 5.1 and I recently bought an ANTELOPE ORION 32+ GEN 3 for my new recording studio. I've also bought a TITAN RIDGE to have Thunderbolt ports available. I am really not an expert, but the guy who send me this card was really great and helped me for installation.

So, now that the card works, the problem is that the ORION is not available in the launcher and for the audio. The Mac Pro detect the ORION with Thunderbolt but not the launcher. I've tried it with my MacBookPro and all works perfectly.

This thread and what I've read let me hope this problem can be resolved. But like I said, I am not an expert and I am afraid to do something wrong with the guide. I am also not sure it can works on my configuration. So, is there a way to help me and try to find a solution please?

My system : Mac Pro 5.1 / INTEL XEON X5690 2 x 3,46 GHz / 128 Go 1333 MHz DDR3 / RADEON RX580 8 Go / TITAN RIDGE 2.0

Thank you!

Nicolas

First of all, thank you for the great work about this problem. It will really help a lot of users to use their gear at 100%!
You're welcome!
I have a Mac Pro 5.1 and I recently bought an ANTELOPE ORION 32+ GEN 3 for my new recording studio. I've also bought a TITAN RIDGE to have Thunderbolt ports available. I am really not an expert, but the guy who send me this card was really great and helped me for installation.
That doesn't require much expertise. With little effort, it works as expected.
So, now that the card works, the problem is that the ORION is not available in the launcher and for the audio. The Mac Pro detect the ORION with Thunderbolt but not the launcher. I've tried it with my MacBookPro and all works perfectly.
Well, this problem is already stated in the guide available here:
This thread and what I've read let me hope this problem can be resolved. But like I said, I am not an expert and I am afraid to do something wrong with the guide. I am also not sure it can works on my configuration. So, is there a way to help me and try to find a solution please?

My system : Mac Pro 5.1 / INTEL XEON X5690 2 x 3,46 GHz / 128 Go 1333 MHz DDR3 / RADEON RX580 8 Go / TITAN RIDGE 2.0
There could be a possible way but for now no ETA.

Thanks for your answer.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand if I can resolve the problem using the guide, or if there is no solution for my configuration for now and if I have to wait?

Thanks for your answer.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand if I can resolve the problem using the guide, or if there is no solution for my configuration for now and if I have to wait?
Yes, that's right. For now, the solution is to use the older version.

What do you mean with older version? You're talking about USB connection?

What do you mean with older version? You're talking about USB connection?

Read the Bugs.

i have a Saffire PRO 24 DSP with no sound output in MacOS Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura (yeah i tested both X)) but input work (Can use Mic for call) i'm actually trying to modify SSDT for my specific config i don't use TB i use directly a PCI FireWire card with TI chipset

I also tested it with Catalina and she's work perfectly

did you think i need to enable TB even without it ?

sorry for my bad english

thank's

i have a Saffire PRO 24 DSP with no sound output in MacOS Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura (yeah i tested both X)) but input work (Can use Mic for call) i'm actually trying to modify SSDT for my specific config i don't use TB i use directly a PCI FireWire card with TI chipset

I also tested it with Catalina and she's work perfectly

did you think i need to enable TB even without it ?

sorry for my bad english

thank's
On non-Apple computers, you need the SSDT for a proper implementation.

On non-Apple computers, you need the SSDT for a proper implementation.
for now i use prebuilt SSDT by OpenCore for my hackintosh since Catalina

Reactions: OneDriftMan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volcov06