• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Big Sur 11.6.4 on T3500 with OC 0.7.8

Interesting, I tried MaciASL -> New from ACPI -> SSDT, here're the outcome:

Without custom SSDT being used, it has the same content as SSDT-0-CpuPm.aml generated by Clover.

However, if SSDT-x0_0-P001Ist.aml is used, MaciASL -> New from ACPI -> SSDT does showing all ratio including those x24 and x25, for complete 14 states of this CPU; but they are just ineffective in real life.

Also, only MacPro5,1 allows speed stepping to x22; if using MacPro6,1, it will stuck at x12 forever.

Last edited:
I hope this thread isn't totally dead - I've just found this, and will make an assessment if I can make the move from my working Clover Catalina system.

I'll probably have some questions around the DSDTs setup, I made some changes YEARS ago to get sleep working, so hopefully that doesn't get in the way.

Anyway, that first post with all the info is really great - look forward to having a go at getting at least a couple more years out of this thing

Reactions: np44
Also, only MacPro5,1 allows speed stepping to x22; if using MacPro6,1, it will stuck at x12 forever.
Sorry for the late reply. You can stick to MP5,1 smbios for now until I figure out a solution. I'm not sure if you changed bios options and configuration by now, so I'd like you to attach an archive with screenshots from your bios - what settings are used and what options are available, also your latest OC EFI.

I hope this thread isn't totally dead - I've just found this, and will make an assessment if I can make the move from my working Clover Catalina system.

I'll probably have some questions around the DSDTs setup, I made some changes YEARS ago to get sleep working, so hopefully that doesn't get in the way.

Anyway, that first post with all the info is really great - look forward to having a go at getting at least a couple more years out of this thing
The thread is alive. The DSDT remains untouched currently and everything is done via SSDTs. Regarding the sleep, unfortunately I wasn't able to find a fix.

Fantastic guide! Thank you for all the effort you have put into it.

I managed to success install Monterey with same guide but no audio hardware detected

I need EFI Folder for my Dell T3500 system. Using Nvidia 2GB Nvidia 730GT graphic caed. kindly provide me. Ant has for Big Sur or other version.

I need EFI Folder for my Dell T3500 system. Using Nvidia 2GB Nvidia 730GT graphic caed. kindly provide me. Ant has for Big Sur or other version.
Why not read the guide and create one for yourself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemnur