• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Big Sur 11.6.4 on T3500 with OC 0.7.8

Can you describe any scenario?
I wanted to set OpenCore boot order and followed the Emulated NVRAM guide, because I don't have native NVRAM (T3500 docs say that there is a NVRAM, but I don't know what's wrong). I first tested setting a variable and reboot to check if it's still there after reboot - it wasn't. Then I set ExposeSensitiveData to 3, LegacyEnable = True, LegacyOverwrite = True as per the guide, copied LogoutHook to my user home folder allowed the execution of the scripts, added it to sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow. After that I selected the disk and rebooted, it wasn't saved. Then I read that I need to add the variables in LegacySchema and then it worked, the stuff related to boot order were successfully saved to nvram.plist, however after the reboot OpenCore seems to read it but doesn't select the hard drive and instead it selects the recovery from "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder. I even added some logging to the LogoutHook script so I can monitor what's going on while it's executed (everything seems to work fine). But after multiple tries I wasn't able to get that drive selected on the picker so I turned off LegacyOverwrite and LegacyEnable and removed the variables from LegacySchema until I find out solution to it.
Try removing Realtek USB kexts. Those are problematic.
I'll try. These are for my USB WiFi dongle, got em from Chris's Big Sur driver for OpenCore.
USB 1.1 uses UHC Controller and you must rename to a proper one for allowing macOS to load.
I know, I have even made a USBMap. I found a topic on reddit which is the same issue. What do you mean by "rename to a proper one"?
The configuration is not as per the guide.
I'm with C and P states generated via Clover (they are very similar to the OEM SSDT for PM). ssdtPRGen.sh shows my CPU as unknown even after defining info in User Defined.cfg
And before that, does it works?
Mouse and keyboard are working fine if connected before boot. If I unplug and plug again or go to Software Update they immediately freeze. The system is responsive though, USB2 devices are being detected (flash drives) and shown on the desktop, the clock's seconds are moving. But USB 1.1 won't work until I force shutdown and boot again.
What USB Dongle model?
Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. [0a12:0001]. I filled in my profile with my specs as detailed as possible. I can even provide HWInfo from windows if needed.
Did it worked before?
Yes, it actually works now while I'm typing I tested some stuff and on the next boot it started working. Maybe it was one time glitch.
Due to incorrect configuration. Note that sleep/wake has always been an issue on X79 motherboards and prior.
Well mine is X58. This last thing is entirely related to OC idk what's wrong with it at all, Clover however shutdowns fine from the boot picker.

I noticed in windows that hwinfo > sensors says "embedded controller found" while in my DSDT there is no EC device. There is a T3500 sheet which also says that there is a EC. I checked device manager for something related to EC like "Microsoft ACPI compliant Embedded Controller", but no such device exists.

I also noticed that FakeSMC works better, because I can get CPU frequencies, multiplier, fan speeds etc, but without GPU Fan speed (only memory and gpu processor activity). VirtualSMC though is exactly the opposite - GPU fan speed is shown, cpu temps are shown, hard drives temp are shown but nothing else.

I disabled the two Realtek kexts, but same result.

I wanted to set OpenCore boot order and followed the Emulated NVRAM guide, because I don't have native NVRAM (T3500 docs say that there is a NVRAM, but I don't know what's wrong). I first tested setting a variable and reboot to check if it's still there after reboot - it wasn't. Then I set ExposeSensitiveData to 3, LegacyEnable = True, LegacyOverwrite = True as per the guide, copied LogoutHook to my user home folder allowed the execution of the scripts, added it to sudo defaults write com.apple.loginwindow. After that I selected the disk and rebooted, it wasn't saved. Then I read that I need to add the variables in LegacySchema and then it worked, the stuff related to boot order were successfully saved to nvram.plist, however after the reboot OpenCore seems to read it but doesn't select the hard drive and instead it selects the recovery from "com.apple.recovery.boot" folder. I even added some logging to the LogoutHook script so I can monitor what's going on while it's executed (everything seems to work fine). But after multiple tries I wasn't able to get that drive selected on the picker so I turned off LegacyOverwrite and LegacyEnable and removed the variables from LegacySchema until I find out solution to it.
NVRAM>Delete. Remove all the UUID and the related entries. Reset NVRAM twice and then check.
I'll try. These are for my USB WiFi dongle, got em from Chris's Big Sur driver for OpenCore.
USB dongles creates issues for most of the time.
which is the same issue. What do you mean by "rename to a proper one"?
For example EHC1 to EH01. That's what Mac expects.
I'm with C and P states generated via Clover (they are very similar to the OEM SSDT for PM). ssdtPRGen.sh shows my CPU as unknown even after defining info in User Defined.cfg
Yes, that has to be done manually.
Mouse and keyboard are working fine if connected before boot. If I unplug and plug again or go to Software Update they immediately freeze. The system is responsive though, USB2 devices are being detected (flash drives) and shown on the desktop, the clock's seconds are moving. But USB 1.1 won't work until I force shutdown and boot again.
Fixing USB will fix them too. Try removing OpenUsbKbDxe and UsbMouseDxe. Make sure to reset NVRAM.
Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. [0a12:0001]. I filled in my profile with my specs as detailed as possible. I can even provide HWInfo from windows if needed.
Those are not fully support. Consider using a PCIe based Broadcom Card or use a Dongle with Broadcom chip. CSR dongles always had issues.
Well mine is X58. This last thing is entirely related to OC idk what's wrong with it at all, Clover however shutdowns fine from the boot picker.

I noticed in windows that hwinfo > sensors says "embedded controller found" while in my DSDT there is no EC device. There is a T3500 sheet which also says that there is a EC. I checked device manager for something related to EC like "Microsoft ACPI compliant Embedded Controller", but no such device exists.

I also noticed that FakeSMC works better, because I can get CPU frequencies, multiplier, fan speeds etc, but without GPU Fan speed (only memory and gpu processor activity). VirtualSMC though is exactly the opposite - GPU fan speed is shown, cpu temps are shown, hard drives temp are shown but nothing else.
Both works fine!

NVRAM>Delete. Remove all the UUID and the related entries. Reset NVRAM twice and then check.
I'll try it
USB dongles creates issues for most of the time.
I know, but the USB WiFi dongle works perfectly.
For example EHC1 to EH01. That's what Mac expects.
I tried, but there is nothing to rename from EHC. My USBs are defined in \_SB.PCI0 as Device (USBN) where N is a number from 0 to 5 which actually are the UHCI controllers, EHCI controllers are not defined in the DSDT nor in a SSDT, so no idea what "EHC" should be for renaming, they are detected as pcie8086,3a3a and pcie8086,3a3c.
Yes, that has to be done manually.
That's why I used Clover, because ssdtPRGen doesn't want to work with the User Defined data which is W3530,130,1596,2793,3059,4,8,0,133 (windows reports 1600 for LFM, but the actual minimum is 1596), AppleIntelInfo.kext doesn't report LFM.
Fixing USB will fix them too. Try removing OpenUsbKbDxe and UsbMouseDxe. Make sure to reset NVRAM.
If I remove OpenUsbKbDxe and UsbMouseDxe I can't select anything in the boot picker, because mouse and keyboard do not want to work without them.
Those are not fully support. Consider using a PCIe based Broadcom Card or use a Dongle with Broadcom chip. CSR dongles always had issues.
Well I can move without the bluetooth, I wanted to make it work somehow, because in windows it works fine.
Both works fine!
In my case FakeSMC is better, with VirtualSMC if I need CPU sensors I need to install Intel Power Gadget, but unfortunately it works with CPUs >= 2nd generation, so the setup is incompatible with my system.

I tried, but there is nothing to rename from EHC. My USBs are defined in \_SB.PCI0 as Device (USBN) where N is a number from 0 to 5 which actually are the UHCI controllers, EHCI controllers are not defined in the DSDT nor in a SSDT, so no idea what "EHC" should be for renaming, they are detected as pcie8086,3a3a and pcie8086,3a3c.
I just gave you an example. If there's no way to rename, the other way could be to use any dummy injector.
If I remove OpenUsbKbDxe and UsbMouseDxe I can't select anything in the boot picker, because mouse and keyboard do not want to work without them.
Due to Legacy system.
Well I can move without the bluetooth, I wanted to make it work somehow, because in windows it works fine.
Both, Windows and Mac are completely different ;)
In my case FakeSMC is better, with VirtualSMC if I need CPU sensors I need to install Intel Power Gadget, but unfortunately it works with CPUs >= 2nd generation, so the setup is incompatible with my system.
Well, i was not aware of this information! Can you provide me source or any reference?

I just gave you an example. If there's no way to rename, the other way could be to use any dummy injector.
I think I should define them in a SSDT as real devices, so they can be injected and the device definition can be directly Device (EH01) and Device (EH02) or I don't know. I'll be happy for an advice on that.
Due to Legacy system.
Yes, that's why it's not an option to remove them.
Both, Windows and Mac are completely different ;)
Yeah I know, it was just a mention.
Well, i was not aware of this information! Can you provide me source or any reference?
When I downloaded Intel Power Gadget from Intel's website and ran the .pkg it welcomed me with an error that my cpu is not supported and >= 2nd gen cpu's are supported. I downloaded it on my Mojave now to attach screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 21.03.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 21.03.49.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 155
I think I should define them in a SSDT as real devices, so they can be injected and the device definition can be directly Device (EH01) and Device (EH02) or I don't know. I'll be happy for an advice on that.

Yes, that's why it's not an option to remove them.

Yeah I know, it was just a mention.

When I downloaded Intel Power Gadget from Intel's website and ran the .pkg it welcomed me with an error that my cpu is not supported and >= 2nd gen cpu's are supported. I downloaded it on my Mojave now to attach screenshot of it.
Interesting. There is a LegacyUSBInjector.kext. Try that. Make sure your SMBIOS matches the kext. In Clover, you can use "FixUSB" patch to check.

Interesting. There is a LegacyUSBInjector.kext. Try that. Make sure your SMBIOS matches the kext. In Clover, you can use "FixUSB" patch to check.
I found this one https://github.com/dosdude1/macos-c...ts/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist but there's nothing related to MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1 in it. However I tested it same thing. I was able to run 11.2 without any issues actually, but after updating to 11.4 USB 1.1/Legacy are not working again, only USB 2.0 is working.

I wonder if USB 1 is supported in Big Sur 11.3 and up...

I found this one https://github.com/dosdude1/macos-catalina-patcher/blob/master/macOS Catalina Patcher/macOS Post Install/addonkexts/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist but there's nothing related to MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1 in it. However I tested it same thing. I was able to run 11.2 without any issues actually, but after updating to 11.4 USB 1.1/Legacy are not working again, only USB 2.0 is working.

I wonder if USB 1 is supported in Big Sur 11.3 and up...
macOS 11.3 and later had some USB changes. Refer the USB Mapping guide or roll back to 11.2.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
h23ganto