• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Battery Indicator is shown but not updating after boot on MacOS BigSur 11.0.1

If BigSur is giving this problem then Monterey will also give same problem right?
I finally got the issue fixed.

I updated my Catalina to Bigsur using software update and everything works perfectly.

The reason i think was the external ssd.

Because of which MacOS was booting very slow and the abm_firstpolldelay was not working because of it.

But After installing the BigSur on my internal M.2 Nvme ssd everything finally works like beast.

Thank you for your time elitemacx86.

I finally got the issue fixed.

I updated my Catalina to Bigsur using software update and everything works perfectly.

The reason i think was the external ssd.

Because of which MacOS was booting very slow and the abm_firstpolldelay was not working because of it.

But After installing the BigSur on my internal M.2 Nvme ssd everything finally works like beast.

Thank you for your time elitemacx86.
That's great to hear. But it's interesting that an external SSD could be slow, even when using a NVMe. But now, the issue is fixed!

Cheers!

That's great to hear. But it's interesting that an external SSD could be slow, even when using a NVMe. But now, the issue is fixed!

Cheers!
The external drive is a normal SSD not an nvme m.2 or just m.2

But the internal drive is an nvme m.2 ssd.

The external drive is a normal SSD not an nvme m.2 or just m.2

But the internal drive is an nvme m.2 ssd.
Oh, damn. That's why. No doubt, it got fixed.

Should i create a hotpatch now that my static patch is working.

Or let it be and use the dsdt only.

Will do as you suggest.

Should i create a hotpatch now that my static patch is working.

Or let it be and use the dsdt only.

Will do as you suggest.
The OEM patching style is preferred. Although, Hotpatch has a slight advantage over it. If you're not using Dual Boot, use OEM. If using Dual Boot, use Hotpatch.

The OEM patching style is preferred. Although, Hotpatch has a slight advantage over it. If you're not using Dual Boot, use OEM. If using Dual Boot, use Hotpatch.
I am triple booting mac,Windows 10 and linux.

But the windows and linux is installed on a different hdd.

And mac on nvme.

And also one more i noticed that after upgrading to bigsur a new folder named APPLE was created inside the EFI folder of my esp.

Should i keep it or will it cause any problem.

I am triple booting mac,Windows 10 and linux.

But the windows and linux is installed on a different hdd.

And mac on nvme.

And also one more i noticed that after upgrading to bigsur a new folder named APPLE was created inside the EFI folder of my esp.

Should i keep it or will it cause any problem.
Use Hotpatch then. The reason is OEM uses the BIOS settings and the Windows always attempt to update the firmware and in such case, it will not boot unless re-patched.

Use Hotpatch then. The reason is OEM uses the BIOS settings and the Windows always attempt to update the firmware and in such case, it will not boot unless re-patched.
After creating the hotpatch SSDT will i have to include the patched DSDT also,
or the SSDT for battery. patch will be enough?

Sorry for asking such stupid question but i have never tried a hotpatch so was concerned whether to use dsdt and ssdt together after hotpatching or the ssdt itself is enough.

I have one issue left with my hackintosh i.e whenever i shutdown or restart the macos

my machine shuts like i have pressed the power button and forcing shutdown,

But applying the Fix RTC patch to my dsdt fixes this issue , and then another issue rises that is the battery indicator freezes to a certain percentage and never updates.

What can i do to resolve this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jotascript