• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Asus UX501VW | Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16GB RAM | Intel UHD Graphics 530 | 4K display

hamed

Motherboard
Asus UX501VW
CPU
Core I7 6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD530
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. iMac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I successfully installed Big Sur on Asus UX501VW with an external monitor connected to HDMI, but the internal UHD display doesn't work and after booting it shows some text and freezes until I connect the external monitor, but the graphics accelerator works well with the external monitor, how can I make the internal monitor work with 4K or just full HD?

I attached the OpenCore EFI.

Thanks.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-22 at 12.51.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-22 at 12.51.13.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hello everyone, I successfully installed Big Sur on Asus UX501VW with an external monitor connected to HDMI, but the internal UHD display doesn't work and after booting it shows some text and freezes until I connect the external monitor, but the graphics accelerator works well with the external monitor, how can I make the internal monitor work with 4K or just full HD?

I attached the OpenCore EFI.

Thanks.
Fix your profile information first. For 4K and UHD, additional steps are required to make the display working and since Big Sur, you either need to use a supported ig-platform-id or calculate the EDID and patch it to support 4K. Provide your BIOS settings and display information including refresh rate and resolution.

Fix your profile information first. For 4K and UHD, additional steps are required to make the display working and since Big Sur, you either need to use a supported ig-platform-id or calculate the EDID and patch it to support 4K. Provide your BIOS settings and display information including refresh rate and resolution.
BIOS settings are attached.

and my display is a
15.60 inch 16:9, 3840 x 2160 pixel, 10-point capacitive, IPS, ID: LGD04D4, Name: LP156UD1-SPB1, glossy: yes; Frequency 60Hz

what should I do?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    663.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Any thoughts?

BIOS settings are attached.

and my display is a
15.60 inch 16:9, 3840 x 2160 pixel, 10-point capacitive, IPS, ID: LGD04D4, Name: LP156UD1-SPB1, glossy: yes; Frequency 60Hz

what should I do?
Any thoughts?
Your BIOS settings is wrong!

Enable Intel Virtualization Technology
Enable SMART Self Test
Set DVMT Pre-Alloc to 64MB

Reactions: hamed
Your BIOS settings is wrong!

Enable Intel Virtualization Technology
Enable SMART Self Test
Set DVMT Pre-Alloc to 64MB

The solution was to add this igfxonln=1 into boot arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madness