• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Mac mini Ventura Fresh Install Help With Widescreen Support

Nikos365

Motherboard
Levovo V-110
CPU
intel i3 60060U
Graphics
intel Graphics 520
OS X/macOS
10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello gent's

I recently bought a mac mini late 2012. I have installed Ventura with the help of Open Core Legacy patcher but when i connect an HDMI is impossible to get 2560x1080 res. I tried differents adapter by connecting the cable to thunderbolt but still can't get wide Screen support. Is there any other way around to get 2560x1080 as native for Widescreen monitor?

Please enlight!!!

Hello gent's

I recently bought a mac mini late 2012. I have installed Ventura with the help of Open Core Legacy patcher but when i connect an HDMI is impossible to get 2560x1080 res. I tried differents adapter by connecting the cable to thunderbolt but still can't get wide Screen support. Is there any other way around to get 2560x1080 as native for Widescreen monitor?

Please enlight!!!
Make sure you're using HDMI 2.0 Cable and switch the resolution from System Preferences>Displays.

No, unfortunately it did'nt worked, besides I've notice the monitor supports v1.4.What else can i Try?

No, unfortunately it did'nt worked, besides I've notice the monitor supports v1.4.What else can i Try?
Except for the HDMI 2.0, there is nothing much you can try on a real Mac. You can try DP to HDMI.

neither the DP to HDMI. Can i Try Swicthresx..I've noticed on res status not installed.Why is that?

neither the DP to HDMI. Can i Try Swicthresx..I've noticed on res status not installed.Why is that?
You'll need an active Adapter. Look for certified ones. A normal generic one may not work. Will have to test it at our end too.

can u propose one ?what do umean active?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newtony