• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[IN PROGRESS] Monterey on HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-In-One

Thanks !

As I said, I did nothing after the BS install ended and not tried to connect external Acer monitor, thinking it can make a mess somewhere ^^

So, I did that you asked, but dunno how to make "Kextcache output", do I need another software ???

And there was another issue, DarwinDumper...I clicked "run", is that correct ?
As far as i understood, all went fine, except it opened 5 alert boxes, saying "there is an update, but need administrator privileges to make them".
There were 2 choices there : "ok" and "go to security" : I didn't know what was this, so I just clicked "ok", I hope I made it right...?

Attachments

• HarFanG-1.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 2
Thanks !

As I said, I did nothing after the BS install ended and not tried to connect external Acer monitor, thinking it can make a mess somewhere ^^

So, I did that you asked, but dunno how to make "Kextcache output", do I need another software ???

And there was another issue, DarwinDumper...I clicked "run", is that correct ?
As far as i understood, all went fine, except it opened 5 alert boxes, saying "there is an update, but need administrator privileges to make them".
There were 2 choices there : "ok" and "go to security" : I didn't know what was this, so I just clicked "ok", I hope I made it right...?
There should be a folder named DarwinDump, attach that zip file. It should be saved wherever you choose the location to save the dump.

Regarding kextcache, it can be generated using the command: sudo kextcache -i/ in terminal.

Yes, it made a zip file, will add it here.

About the "kextcach" command, it did that, pic joined too.
I don't understand what to do, nor what u want here, sorry,

Attachments

• DarwinDumper_3.1.1_2024.05.04_10.35.20_iMac18,1_Opencore_4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:...zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran 2024-05-04 à 14.18.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-04 à 14.18.05.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes, it made a zip file, will add it here.

About the "kextcach" command, it did that, pic joined too.
I don't understand what to do, nor what u want here, sorry,
Time to clean up a bit before you jump to fix the Graphics.

Make the following changes to your config.plist

- Remove ssdt.aml
- Change the Arch to Any.
- Remove CustomSMBIOSGuid. Not meant for your System.
- Remove shikigva=144 -igfxvesa.

Add the following DeviceProperties:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0A006601
framebuffer-con0-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con0-type = 00040000
framebuffer-con1-busid = 01000000
framebuffer-con1-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con1-type = 00080000
framebuffer-fbmem = 00009000
framebuffer-patch-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem = 00003001
hda-gfx = onboard-1

All values must be set to DATA Type.

Once you're done with the changes, save your config.plist. Restart the system and reset NVRAM twice. Attach the new PR files.

Change the Arch to Any.
In the "Kernel" part of config.plist ? (Just to be sure). Because there's "auto", not "any".

framebuffer-con0-type = 00040000
Shouldn't be set to 02000000, as it's the LVDS monitor (the HQP 8300) ?

So far, I just made the other changes you suggested, and not tried yet to boot, until I'll be sure to not "duck" the whole system.
I mean : I'll just follow what you say, not trying things on my side. ;-)

In the "Kernel" part of config.plist ? (Just to be sure). Because there's "auto", not "any".

Shouldn't be set to 02000000, as it's the LVDS monitor (the HQP 8300) ?

So far, I just made the other changes you suggested, and not tried yet to boot, until I'll be sure to not "duck" the whole system.
I mean : I'll just follow what you say, not trying things on my side. ;-)
Yes, just the Kernel section. Set it to Auto.

No, as per the datasheet, the internal screen is connected using DP, not LVDS. If I'm not wrong.

Test it and report the results.

Yes, just the Kernel section. Set it to Auto.
Thanks, done.

No, as per the datasheet, the internal screen is connected using DP, not LVDS. If I'm not wrong.
Guess you're wrong, keep reading XD

Test it and report the results.
So, I did 3 NVRAMresets.
Launched Big Sur, displaying the usual yadda-yadda things, then the screen (= HQP 8300) went black.
I waited until the HDD led stops blinking, then I typed my PW in blind : the HDD led restarted blinking, and stopped after a while.

CapsLock works, meaning the system isn't crashed.

I though one sec to try to connect the Acer monitor, but you said "NO!" so I didn't. XD
Now, I will power off the machine with the power switch, as the screen is always black.

EDIT : well...I don't like to be checkmate at first try XD
I connected my LG 4K monitor to the DP connector, and guess what ? The desktop is here, 2K.
Typing this EDIT on it. ;-)

Last edited:
Here are a few ss. On the one with ports, the selected one is "red highlighted" and there is no HQP in sight anywhere.

ADDED IoReg report.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.47.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.47.24.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.47.47.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.47.47.png
    243 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.48.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-05 à 13.48.35.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 5
  • New-EFI-1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Here are a few ss. On the one with ports, the selected one is "red highlighted" and there is no HQP in sight anywhere.

ADDED IoReg report.
The internal screen isn't detected at all.

Remove framebuffer-con1-busid = 01000000 entry and then check. Boot without external and then connect external. Check if both monitor shows up in the System Report. The internal might be still blank at this time too.

If you see two screens, attach a copy of IOReg.

Ok, I did it as you said.
Looks like it's the same as yesterday :(

The selected line is "red" and HQP 8300 isn't there again.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 05.00.50.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 05.00.50.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitri