• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[IN PROGRESS] Monterey on HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-In-One

HarFanG

Motherboard
HP Compaq Elite 8300 AIO (Q77)
CPU
Ivy i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD4000 iGPU
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all !

The story started here : https://elitemacx86.com/threads/which-macos-version-should-i-install.1744/

From now on, I have a stable running system and trying to figure post-install things out.

I have no audio, because at the time I began, I'd no clue about which driver I should use, as the "soundcard" is : IDT 92HD91BXX.
After some digging, I found that this is supported by AppleALC.
But I don't understand how to do this : what should I use ?

Another thing to fix : ability to remove USB boot stick and have Monterey booting from hard disk. Looks like I will spent many hours in digging & reading !

Notice : English isn't my natural language (and guess this is no help). XD

I even don't understand if I must open 2 threads, as I have trouble with audio & boot-without-usb. :/

Anyway, after some thinking, I found the codec I need : see picture.
Following the video tutorial, I added "alcid=3, 12, 13, 33, 84" in the NVRAM section as described.
But still no sound :(

It took a little time to figure out that are these "PR" files, but now I'm fine. See below.
Note : I have a genuine install, had followed that was said, no changes by myself.

Attachments

• Alcid_1.jpg
    Alcid_1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 8
  • HarFanG_1.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 2
have no audio, because at the time I began, I'd no clue about which driver I should use, as the "soundcard" is : IDT 92HD91BXX.
After some digging, I found that this is supported by AppleALC.
But I don't understand how to do this : what should I use ?
Read here:

Another thing to fix : ability to remove USB boot stick and have Monterey booting from hard disk. Looks like I will spent many hours in digging & reading !
Read here:

I even don't understand if I must open 2 threads, as I have trouble with audio & boot-without-usb. :/
Well, you can open a separate thread for each of the issue you have or can create a single thread regarding a specific system, where all the issues can be covered at one place. Either works.

Anyway, after some thinking, I found the codec I need : see picture.
Following the video tutorial, I added "alcid=3, 12, 13, 33, 84" in the NVRAM section as described.
But still no sound :(
Well, that's wrong. You had all the layout IDs injected. Try 12 or 13. One Layout ID at once, not all of them. xD

If it's correct, I'll stay here with all my problems : less hassle to follow one thread at a time.

About audio : the problem is "not easy to understand" : on my picture, I don't understand what do I need to do with these "0x100102" and "0x100103". Should I put these somewhere ?

Ok, "try one layout ID at once" => though all are needed ! Lol !
Will follow your advice, "12" first, and if no avail, will use "13" instead. Thank you ! Really appreciated :)

EDIT : I've have Hackintool 3.8.7.
- see nothing in audio peripherals (tried 12 & 13 so far)
- see "Intel HD graphics 4000 / 0x166000A /1 (model/framebuffer/port)
- see "unknown display/0x756E6B6E/0x0717/0x0000 (name/vendor ID/product ID/serial number)

I'm not sure, but I think framebuffer has a a wrong value, and maybe that causes Monterey shows only 1280x1024. Can you give me an advice, please ?

Last edited:
If it's correct, I'll stay here with all my problems : less hassle to follow one thread at a time.
Yes, indeed.

About audio : the problem is "not easy to understand" : on my picture, I don't understand what do I need to do with these "0x100102" and "0x100103". Should I put these somewhere ?
Where do you see that?

Ok, "try one layout ID at once" => though all are needed ! Lol !
Will follow your advice, "12" first, and if no avail, will use "13" instead. Thank you ! Really appreciated :)
Anytime :cool:

I'm not sure, but I think framebuffer has a a wrong value, and maybe that causes Monterey shows only 1280x1024. Can you give me an advice, please ?
Start with one issue and then move to next. Don't mix things, not a good thing to do. xD

As always, one should start with the Graphics fix.

Where do you see that?
Post #2.

And you're right, let's start with graphics only !

Big Sur has natively full support of Intel HD 4500, right ? But (by mistake), I've ended with Monterey.
I have no clue, but maybe Monterey has not all-is-needed ? I mean : "without adding yadda-yadda more files and hassle with wtf parameters"...

Look : the 8300 AIO has also one HDMI output. There's 2 cases here :
1- Connecting a 1080p monitor while Monterey running => no display ;
2- Same monitor connected, booting Monterey => it displays even the OC bootmenu.

BUT :
1- LVDS LG internal works as 1280x1024 ;
2- Here, both monitors show 1024x768.

Disclaimer : I'm not asking someone to do the work for me, but showing me the right path to the solution. XD

EDIT : just want a 1920x1080 Mac desktop.

Last edited:
Well...I found https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...hods/ssdt-easy.html#so-what-can-t-ssdttime-do and tried to make sumfin with it.

Display : no luck so far.

But suddenly, I got sound ! The system detects plug in/unplug headphones. Integrated mic works too. But I don't have sound in the embedded speakers.
Here, I'm using alcid=33 (the others doesn't work).

Then I went back to the display problem : the best thing, I thought, is to ask the computer what hardware it has. Then somehow, trying to find a way to modify my boot usb with any change needed.
So, with SSDTTime, I did "dump ACPI things" on the 8300 AIO, under W10
It went well, and gave me a lot of .AML files.
After that, following the instructions provided, I tried to generate a new config.plist, starting with the one working. Launched "PatchMerge" included, I gave it my config.plist.

BUT...got an error "Patches Plist: patches_OC.plist - MISSING!".
And I have no clue about that file, how I'm supposed to do it ?

Post #2.

And you're right, let's start with graphics only !

Big Sur has natively full support of Intel HD 4500, right ? But (by mistake), I've ended with Monterey.
I have no clue, but maybe Monterey has not all-is-needed ? I mean : "without adding yadda-yadda more files and hassle with wtf parameters"...

Look : the 8300 AIO has also one HDMI output. There's 2 cases here :
1- Connecting a 1080p monitor while Monterey running => no display ;
2- Same monitor connected, booting Monterey => it displays even the OC bootmenu.

BUT :
1- LVDS LG internal works as 1280x1024 ;
2- Here, both monitors show 1024x768.

Disclaimer : I'm not asking someone to do the work for me, but showing me the right path to the solution. XD

EDIT : just want a 1920x1080 Mac desktop.
Attach the EFI to check the rest.

Well...I found https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...hods/ssdt-easy.html#so-what-can-t-ssdttime-do and tried to make sumfin with it.

Display : no luck so far.

But suddenly, I got sound ! The system detects plug in/unplug headphones. Integrated mic works too. But I don't have sound in the embedded speakers.
Here, I'm using alcid=33 (the others doesn't work).

Then I went back to the display problem : the best thing, I thought, is to ask the computer what hardware it has. Then somehow, trying to find a way to modify my boot usb with any change needed.
So, with SSDTTime, I did "dump ACPI things" on the 8300 AIO, under W10
It went well, and gave me a lot of .AML files.
After that, following the instructions provided, I tried to generate a new config.plist, starting with the one working. Launched "PatchMerge" included, I gave it my config.plist.

BUT...got an error "Patches Plist: patches_OC.plist - MISSING!".
And I have no clue about that file, how I'm supposed to do it ?
You don't need those at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captncreepy