• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[IN PROGRESS] Monterey on HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-In-One

Attach the EFI to check the rest.
Oh wow...I did a few other changes since XD
I'm not sure, but this one should be the one you ask for. Sorry !

Attachments

• HarFanG_EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
You don't need those at all.
Ok, will forget that option, thanks !

Also, I noticed there are "invisible" logs files, created on the usb key on each boot.
Maybe that can help you to diagnose more further ?

Soooooo...

I spent (and wasted) so many hours, seeking on the Internet, watching tutorials of any kind everywhere...
With hope to have a 1080p Mac desktop and sound => unable to find something working.

I guess "HP Compaq Elite 8300 AIO" IS NOT valuable to run Hackintosh.
Thanks for the help, but...

I GAVE UP.

• Sad
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Soooooo...

I spent (and wasted) so many hours, seeking on the Internet, watching tutorials of any kind everywhere...
With hope to have a 1080p Mac desktop and sound => unable to find something working.

I guess "HP Compaq Elite 8300 AIO" IS NOT valuable to run Hackintosh.
Thanks for the help, but...

I GAVE UP.
Been busy since a last couple of days. If you still want to work, let me know and also remind of the issues you have with this system.

When I started this thread, I had Monterey running with issues : wrong desktop resolution and sound half-working.
Dunno what I did wrong thereafter, but the whole thing crashed to death.
So : I took another HDD and tried with Big Sur. It works, but same issues : wrong resolution, and no sound at all (even if using same parameters on previously Monterey).

Then : I erased the Monterey HDD, and made a new and fresh install. It works too.
But wrong desktop resolution, and no sound at all.

About EFI : I tried tons of, but all went wrong with the issues above...

This AIO has a 23 inches embedded display, 1920x1080 => I can't have more than 1280x1024. Whatever I try, it always ends with a fail.
I'll check later for audio, but now alcid=33 does not work anymore. Weird.

I'll wait for any advice, and will not modify anything until then.
If you want to take a look, there's my last EFI folder.

Attachments

• Last_EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 2
When I started this thread, I had Monterey running with issues : wrong desktop resolution and sound half-working.
Dunno what I did wrong thereafter, but the whole thing crashed to death.
So : I took another HDD and tried with Big Sur. It works, but same issues : wrong resolution, and no sound at all (even if using same parameters on previously Monterey).

Then : I erased the Monterey HDD, and made a new and fresh install. It works too.
But wrong desktop resolution, and no sound at all.

About EFI : I tried tons of, but all went wrong with the issues above...

This AIO has a 23 inches embedded display, 1920x1080 => I can't have more than 1280x1024. Whatever I try, it always ends with a fail.
I'll check later for audio, but now alcid=33 does not work anymore. Weird.

I'll wait for any advice, and will not modify anything until then.
If you want to take a look, there's my last EFI folder.
Can you confirm the display connector? Whether its eDP/HDMI or DP

Sure. The embedded display is LVDS.
There is a DP output, but i don't plan to use it.

However, and depending on the options set in config.plist, I have a second screen on a Acer G245H (24 inches 1080p).

When using Big Sur, this Acer shows 1080p, while the LVDS has only 1280x1024 (and sometimes, 1024x768).
But now I'm with Monterey again, there are no 1080p on both of the screens.
Of course, the EFI aren't exactly the same between BS & M, and I can't find where the difference is.
Maybe it's in the MacOS itself, I don't know. :/

Wait...do you think this is useful ? https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/blob/master/config.plist/ivy-bridge.md

Note : I almost forgot...this AIO has a MXM port, but it's empty. I'm pretty sure there was no card in here, as the computer came from an university.
And in the bios, there is nothing about "reserved graphics memory" or whatever.

Last edited:
Sure. The embedded display is LVDS.
There is a DP output, but i don't plan to use it.

However, and depending on the options set in config.plist, I have a second screen on a Acer G245H (24 inches 1080p).

When using Big Sur, this Acer shows 1080p, while the LVDS has only 1280x1024 (and sometimes, 1024x768).
But now I'm with Monterey again, there are no 1080p on both of the screens.
Of course, the EFI aren't exactly the same between BS & M, and I can't find where the difference is.
Maybe it's in the MacOS itself, I don't know. :/

Wait...do you think this is useful ? https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/blob/master/config.plist/ivy-bridge.md

Note : I almost forgot...this AIO has a MXM port, but it's empty. I'm pretty sure there was no card in here, as the computer came from an university.
And in the bios, there is nothing about "reserved graphics memory" or whatever.
Attach BIOS pictures and the EFI you're using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikolay75