• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED Intel 630 IGPU No Accelerated Graphics in Sonoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to find OCAT and download Windows version to use. I need Windows one, as I am not familiar with Mac and also Mac goes into boot loop, so can't reach OCAT there anyway.

I did load my config.plist into OCAT and checked anywhere there is a dropdown to select my CPU generation - I did that. usually was at tab "Quirks". I also selected closest CPU possible at "PI - Generic - System Product Name" - to iMac18,2 Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz (az mine is i5-7500T and there was no that exact CPU or closer looking one).

Here is my video, set to proper values, based on URL you provided:

Screenshot-2.png

Also anywhere I can find I've selected 7th gen Intel CPU at dropdowns:

Screenshot-3.png

and here I set closest possible CPU and I did click Generate button:

Screenshot-4.png

Then I saved to EFI and rebooted back to MacOS ... and it is not booting at all this time, just some strange text/link:

viber-image-2023-11-26-17-59-52-841.jpg

I am trying but can't fix it back to boot, so now it not booting at all, even laggy and can't use it at all. It's worse. I don't keep backup of my old config.plist unfortunately. But I may find the original EFI folder I downloaded when start installing and use from tehre, with iGPU disabled (I know how).

Looks like OCAT was unable to fix the issue, just made it worse unfortunately and my system is just not fully compatible with Sonoma Hackintosh :(

My bad, yes, sorry ... I will seek where that is to read and see what ere this files and what to do with them (but if they are inside Mac, I am locked out so doubt I can get them anyway).
Well, the only change you were supposed to make was in the DeviceProperties. Rest had to be untouched.

I've recovered config.plist and started all over again.

With original one - it went to boot loop, looks like iGPU acceleration was fine and causing the loop.

I did add -igfxvesa to disable acceleration and it worked, no boot loop, and of course it's laggy.

Then I removed -igfxvesa and added proper AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001259, and device-id to 16590000 vaules via OCAT. This probably made acceleration work, but I am back to boot loop.

Intentionaly adding wrong values to AAPL,ig-platform-id or device-id made acceleration fail and that again fixed boot loop.

So no matter what I do with config.plist - it is either acceleration + boot loop or no acceleration and fine to boot.
Attach the current EFI you're using to boot.

I was unable to locate where that FAQ is at forum. Checked left side navigation, checked forum categories , even typed faq in search ... But anyway I doubt it will help me even if I find these PR files.
Well, here it is:

Sorry if by not reading that FAQ, once presented as link to me at my registration I caused you troubles. Really appriciate all your effort to help me. It's either my system is just no compatible with Sonoma or it is because of me not have any idea how to deal with all this.
It's alright and your system is fully compatible. You just need to be patient to make it working!
I really suspect i5-7500T with Intel HD 630 is not made to work with Sonoma. If any one in forum have that HD 630 and have Sonoma working with acceleration - I hope he will let me know and share how he did it, what config and etc used.
Fun fact is we've couple of 7400, 7500T and it does work on Sonoma. We've already posted in the forum. Don't jump on random EFIs and threads, that will just create chaos. All you need is some patience and some time. That's it.

Fun fact is we've couple of 7400, 7500T and it does work on Sonoma. We've already posted in the forum. Don't jump on random EFIs and threads, that will just create chaos. All you need is some patience and some time. That's it.
Maybe it is my PC ... I have almost nothing in BIOS, possibly some BIOS settings about VRAM missing and etc. No idea why it just don't want to run.
And I really messed it up now. Downloaded one config.plist and tried boot with that one and now PC is not booting at all, even to Windows, as OpenCore is no longer responsing to allo wme dual boot.

OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed. Halting on critical error.

And I cant boot to Windows to replace config.plist file back to working one. So now I have to start all over from Windows install, then OpenCore dual boot and Sonoma. This is taking too long and too much work for what is my goal, I wonder if worth it. At least if I knew I will be able to make it work by tomorrow, but I am so far away from iGPU working. I have no idea how you managed to make 7500T and HD 630 work perfectly. I wish tehre was ready EFI with all to just download and run (like I had for Ventura - there I just downloaded, installed and it worked out of the box, except Wi-Fi and touchscreen, but I don't care of touch and WiFi was easy to fix, I think took 15 min). This took me 2 full days already and result is dead PC with all start all over ... :) Sorry, I am not very tech savvy, noob in Hackintosh and etc. I know my way in windows just to get it work.

Well, the only change you were supposed to make was in the DeviceProperties. Rest had to be untouched.
that is first thing I did and it still made a/ boot loop or b/ laggy no iGPU acceleration. So I moved to outer things to experiment.

Maybe it is my PC ... I have almost nothing in BIOS, possibly some BIOS settings about VRAM missing and etc. No idea why it just don't want to run.
And I really messed it up now. Downloaded one config.plist and tried boot with that one and now PC is not booting at all, even to Windows, as OpenCore is no longer responsing to allo wme dual boot.

OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed. Halting on critical error.

And I cant boot to Windows to replace config.plist file back to working one. So now I have to start all over from Windows install, then OpenCore dual boot and Sonoma. This is taking too long and too much work for what is my goal, I wonder if worth it. At least if I knew I will be able to make it work by tomorrow, but I am so far away from iGPU working. I have no idea how you managed to make 7500T and HD 630 work perfectly. I wish tehre was ready EFI with all to just download and run (like I had for Ventura - there I just downloaded, installed and it worked out of the box, except Wi-Fi and touchscreen, but I don't care of touch and WiFi was easy to fix, I think took 15 min). This took me 2 full days already and result is dead PC with all start all over ... :) Sorry, I am not very tech savvy, noob in Hackintosh and etc. I know my way in windows just to get it work.
Well, it is upto you. If you want to make it work, just put efforts into the right direction. Otherwise even years will be short if the path is wrong!

Follow this guide from scratch and prepare a correct, errorless EFI. You need to follow everything as per the KBL. Once you have the EFI ready, attach it here to verify. You'll see how many problems can be eliminated by having a correct, errorless EFI. Once you fix the root cause, IGPU will be fixed in no time. Having the same model!

Well, it is upto you. If you want to make it work, just put efforts into the right direction. Otherwise even years will be short if the path is wrong!

Follow this guide from scratch and prepare a correct, errorless EFI. You need to follow everything as per the KBL. Once you have the EFI ready, attach it here to verify. You'll see how many problems can be eliminated by having a correct, errorless EFI. Once you fix the root cause, IGPU will be fixed in no time. Having the same model!
I just removed everything, installed Windows 10 and then created EFI and USB with Ventura. Strange, but it also failed with this Pc iGPU and went into boot-loop. but once I changed EFI just DeviceProperties part, copied from my laptop. And it installed perfectly, iGPU acceleration works at Ventura. Just no WiFi with Intel AC8265. But had that easily solved, as had same issue at laptop too, so I had kext copied from there. Tomorrow, work week ... so I can't try Sonoma again soon.

I wonder what will happen if I click UPDATE to Sonoma inside Ventura ... if it use this working EFI, maybe update will just work and I have Sonoma ready and wroking ...

viber_image_2023-11-27_02-45-01-796.jpg

Last edited:
Just updated Ventura to Sonoma 14.1.1 and it works, no issues with iGPU, all accelerated.

Just lost WiFi, but was easy fix with new AirportItlwm v.2.3.0 - ALPHA (works, so no HeliPort needed).

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Just updated Ventura to Sonoma 14.1.1 and it works, no issues with iGPU, all accelerated.

Just lost WiFi, but was easy fix with new AirportItlwm v.2.3.0 - ALPHA (works, so no HeliPort needed).
Glad to hear!

Marking it as SOLVED. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hassmosica