• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED Immediate Wake from Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleYoThreat

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Sapphire Vega 56
OS X/macOS
10.15.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, hope all are well!

I've done multiple Hackintosh builds over the years and this is my first time encountering this problem.
When I click sleep, fans will power down, lights turn off, then a second later it comes back up.
No kernel panic, no freeze, nothing, it's just back up and ready to use.
On one of them I gotta hit space and then the screen comes on, on the other, it automatically brings the screen back on.

Specs are as follows, both OpenCore 0.6.7 w/ Catalina:
White build -
NZXT N7 Z490
i5-10600K
XPG 16gb DDR4 3200 MHz
Samsung SSD 980 M.2 NVMe 1tb
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4gb

Black build -
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
i9-10900K
Patriot Viper 64gb 3600 MHz
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
Dell OEM RX 5700 XT

I'm very shocked that they both encounter this problem
Interestingly, I don't think it's a Comet Lake thing because an i3 build I did with the 10100 did not encounter this
I have tried a lot of things, NVMefix, RTC memory fixup, and more! Speaking of, NVMefix broke booting into Windows - any tip for that? Maybe kernelminversion 10.15 should take care of the trick.
Also, I do have Lilu, latest, and WEG as well. I will gladly post config.plists if needed, however, I'm sure this is an easy answer for someone who has encountered this

Thanks in advance!
Trip

Hi, hope all are well!

I've done multiple Hackintosh builds over the years and this is my first time encountering this problem.
When I click sleep, fans will power down, lights turn off, then a second later it comes back up.
No kernel panic, no freeze, nothing, it's just back up and ready to use.
On one of them I gotta hit space and then the screen comes on, on the other, it automatically brings the screen back on.

Specs are as follows, both OpenCore 0.6.7 w/ Catalina:
White build -
NZXT N7 Z490
i5-10600K
XPG 16gb DDR4 3200 MHz
Samsung SSD 980 M.2 NVMe 1tb
Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4gb

Black build -
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
i9-10900K
Patriot Viper 64gb 3600 MHz
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
Dell OEM RX 5700 XT

I'm very shocked that they both encounter this problem
Interestingly, I don't think it's a Comet Lake thing because an i3 build I did with the 10100 did not encounter this
I have tried a lot of things, NVMefix, RTC memory fixup, and more! Speaking of, NVMefix broke booting into Windows - any tip for that? Maybe kernelminversion 10.15 should take care of the trick.
Also, I do have Lilu, latest, and WEG as well. I will gladly post config.plists if needed, however, I'm sure this is an easy answer for someone who has encountered this

Thanks in advance!
Trip
You need to find the Wake reason using grep in Terminal. Most probably, your configuration is wrong. Provide your PR files to check further.

You need to find the Wake reason using grep in Terminal. Most probably, your configuration is wrong. Provide your PR files to check further.
Wake reason: XDCI CNVW

PR files meaning config.plist correct?

Here is a zip of the whole OC folder on the EFI partition and only the config.plist as well

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 147
  • OC.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 149
Wake reason: XDCI CNVW

PR files meaning config.plist correct?
PR files includes the following.
EFI folder with theme removed.
Kextcache Output from Terminal.
Copy of IOReg.
PCIe list from Hackintool.

Everything must be in a single zip file.

Here is a zip of the whole OC folder on the EFI partition and only the config.plist as well
The configuration is not as per the guide. Remove darkwake flag from and then check. Make sure to reset NVRAM twice. Are you using any WiFi/BT Card?

The configuration is not as per the guide. Remove darkwake flag from and then check. Make sure to reset NVRAM twice. Are you using any WiFi/BT Card?
My apologies, that was uploaded before the additional info provided on what should be in the zip
I tried looking for more info on PR, maybe a guide to properly provide it, but I couldn't find one. what command would you like me to run for kextcache in Terminal?
Working in the other two as we speak
Yes, Fenvi T919
BTW what does PR mean?

I had put darkwake in efforts to make it work because I had this issue without it as well, but I removed it and then reset NVRAM and my opencore entry was removed so now I'm adding it back, will reset it again and add again.

I tried looking for more info on PR, maybe a guide to properly provide it, but I couldn't find one. what command would you like me to run for kextcache in Terminal?
sudo kextcache -i/
For the guide, it's linked in FAQ. However, for different guides, different PR files are required.
Yes, Fenvi T919
Remove the Card and then check your Sleep/Wake. A proper way to test Sleep/Wake is by disabling IGPU, removing the attached USB devices except KB/M. IGPU must be disabled if you're using any dedicated GPU.
BTW what does PR mean?
Problem Reporting.
I had put darkwake in efforts to make it work because I had this issue without it as well, but I removed it and then reset NVRAM and my opencore entry was removed so now I'm adding it back, will reset it again and add again.
That's not the issue. You can still use Boot Menu to select the target disk.

sudo kextcache -i/
For the guide, it's linked in FAQ. However, for different guides, different PR files are required.

Remove the Card and then check your Sleep/Wake. A proper way to test Sleep/Wake is by disabling IGPU, removing the attached USB devices except KB/M. IGPU must be disabled if you're using any dedicated GPU.

Problem Reporting.

That's not the issue. You can still use Boot Menu to select the target disk.
When I reset NVRAM from Opencore, there was no Opencore entry or way to boot macOS. it only had and went to windows boot manager. I had to either rename the Microsoft folder on the ESP which would make the bios recognize the BOOTX64.efi for opencore (phrased UEFI OS), or to use a tool or efi shell to add the opencore entry again.
no darkwake arg and two resets, no go. here's the complete zip and I will also try without the wifi/bt card.

Thank you for the help.
Trip

Attachments

• PR for Trip.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 145
Okay! Sleep is fine without the T919 wifi card! If the bluetooth usb is plugged in, it works fine! The card itself, meaning the wifi portion is leading to the issue!
Edit: correction! It isn't the T919 it is the Youbo BCM94360CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbig24