• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Supermicro X11SPA-T
CPU
Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
How to Install macOS Ventura on PC [Intel/AMD]

The following guide is a complete installation guide for installing a fresh copy of macOS Ventura on PC. The post-installation has been covered in another section. The required tools and downloads are available at the forum.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 6.35.22 PM.png

Requirements

Before you start with this guide, here are a few requirements
  • A working Internet connection.
  • A 16 GB or larger USB Flash Drive.
NOTE:
  • A complete backup of your system. We advise you to perform a complete backup of your system along with the existing installation. In case something goes wrong, you can restore it using the backup you created.

To start with the guide, you'll also need to have access to a fully functional computer running macOS Mojave or later. This requirement is must as you need to access to Mac App Store in order to download a copy of macOS and create an installation USB Flash Drive later on.

STEP 1: Download macOS Ventura
To download macOS Ventura and create a Bootable USB, refer to the guide linked below.

NOTE:
  • If you already have an Apple Developer Account, you can directly download the Beta Access Utility and can use it to download the Installer.

If you want to download a DMG file, refer to the guide linked below.

STEP 2: Create macOS Ventura Bootable USB
Once you have obtained macOS Ventura Installer, the next step is to create macOS Bootable USB. To create macOS Ventura Bootable USB, refer to the guide linked below.

STEP 3: Preparing OpenCore EFI
The next step is to prepare OpenCore EFI for booting the installer. Depending on your system, create the OpenCore EFI using the guide linked below.

Once you're done with the EFI, you'll need to adjust some parameters which are required for booting macOS Ventura.
  • OpenCore should be the latest. v0.8.2 and later is recommended.
  • Kexts must be the latest.

STEP 4: Setup BIOS/UEFI
Before you rush and try to boot using the USB Installer, you should set up your BIOS/UEFI first. To set up your BIOS, refer to the guide linked below

STEP 5: Booting the Installer using USB
After preparing your installation USB, EFI and setting up your BIOS/UEFI, you're ready to install it on the target Mac.
1. Turn on your target System.
2. Boot to Boot Menu.
3. Select your USB Flash Drive with the UEFI Prefix and press enter to boot.
4. When at OC Boot picker, select Install macOS 13 Beta and press enter to boot and the installer will load in a while.

STEP 6: Installing macOS Ventura
1. When at the installation screen, select your preferred language and continue
2. Select Disk Utility and continue, click on View, and select Show all Devices.
3. Now select your Hard Drive or SSD on which you want to install macOS and use the following parameters to erase your drive.

NameMacintosh HD
FormatAPFS
SchemeGUID Partition Map

4. Close Disk Utility
5. Select Install macOS and continue with the options.
6. Now select Macintosh HD and click on Continue.

NOTES:
  • Step #6 will format the target disk. Proceed with caution.
  • This will take a couple of minutes and will restart at "Less than a minute is remaining". Upon completion, the system will automatically restart. Your Mac will restart to complete the installation.

Here it ends the first phase of the installation.

7. When your Mac restarts, select Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD or (Your drive name) and then boot.

It will continue the second phase of the installation. Upon completion, your Mac will automatically restart.

STEP 7: Finishing macOS Setup
After finishing the macOS installation, it's time to set up the macOS for the first usage with the newly installed macOS.

When you're at the welcome screen, continue with the basics options such as Keyboard setup, Network, Computer Account, and Privacy settings.

Now the installation is complete!

NOTES:
  • The first boot may be slower as the caches are not built yet. Once the caches are built, it will boot normally.

Enjoy macOS Ventura on your PC :)

Related

Last edited:
Reactions: hamidreza1010
Great buddy , I already have it working but without IGPU maybe you have some idea how to make a HD 530 work on it?

Great buddy , I already have it working but without IGPU maybe you have some idea how to make a HD 530 work on it?
Currently, no graphics support upto Skylake.

where do i find OC v0.8.2 ?

I haven't tried yet, I noticed that there are new versions lillu and weg have new builds
The desktop lineup fails to boot even when using BS or Monterey. Probably, faking should work on Mobile.

@Ygor

Finally, Skylake (Intel HD Graphics 520) is working with full acceleration.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.18.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 10.36.21 AM.png

Guide:

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm trying to adopt Ventura but I'm stuck on "PCI Configuration end, bridges 13 devices 17" and I can't figure out what the problem is, for now I'm using Big Sur (fully functional)

My Conf:
Asrock Z370
i7 8700k
RX580+ Nitro
OC 0.8.2

Args:
-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=7 -lilubetaall

SMBIOS
iMacPro1,1

Hi guys, I'm trying to adopt Ventura but I'm stuck on "PCI Configuration end, bridges 13 devices 17" and I can't figure out what the problem is, for now I'm using Big Sur (fully functional)

My Conf:
Asrock Z370
i7 8700k
RX580+ Nitro
OC 0.8.2

Args:
-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=7 -lilubetaall

SMBIOS
iMacPro1,1
Provide your EFI and BIOS Settings to check further. Are you using OC from the commit 6c641b7?

To obtain the latest release, check the guide below

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unknown888