• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Hello!

After experimenting, I've found the way to make bluetooth work correctly. After boot it is detected as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE, I connect all possible bluetooth devices and bluetooth module hangs and disconnects. After that module restarts and is detected correctly as BCM_20703A2. Attaching correctly working IOREG and printscreens and same files after reboot. OC config is the same in both cases. I've tried sudo kill bluetoothd, but then module restarts and still not detected correctly. Only overload helps.
Did you create the EFI manually or used OCLP?

Try to remove the Bluetooth kexts. Being a native AirPort Card, there shouldn't be a need to inject the kexts.

Did you create the EFI manually or used OCLP?

Try to remove the Bluetooth kexts. Being a native AirPort Card, there shouldn't be a need to inject the kexts.
Hello!
EFI was created manually, if I don't use bluetooth kexts, bluetooth is disabled. Need to kill bluetoothd to load it and it is detected as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE.
I'm running Monterey, so this card is not native for MacPro 6,1. I think this is the main problem, that MacPro trashcan is not supposed to run this card natively and that is why it is not detected properly. After I've tried OCLP, I've noticed that bluetooth kexts make it work from boot, but as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE, this is why I've added them to my config.
Maybe there is a possibility to hardcode bluetooth into OC config, something like:
<key>Hardware-Wifi</key>
<string>14E4:43BA</string>

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.21.38.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.21.38.png
    6 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.22.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 20.22.26.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
Hello!
EFI was created manually, if I don't use bluetooth kexts, bluetooth is disabled. Need to kill bluetoothd to load it and it is detected as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE.
I'm running Monterey, so this card is not native for MacPro 6,1. I think this is the main problem, that MacPro trashcan is not supposed to run this card natively and that is why it is not detected properly. After I've tried OCLP, I've noticed that bluetooth kexts make it work from boot, but as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE, this is why I've added them to my config.
Maybe there is a possibility to hardcode bluetooth into OC config, something like:
<key>Hardware-Wifi</key>
<string>14E4:43BA</string>
What Card are you using?

What Card are you using?
BCM43602CDP, and this card is from imac model which does not support Monterey.
Native card was BCM94360CD, which worked perfeclty, but the reason for upgrade was newer 4.2 bluetooth version.

BCM43602CDP, and this card is from imac model which does not support Monterey.
Native card was BCM94360CD, which worked perfeclty, but the reason for upgrade was newer 4.2 bluetooth version.
So, it means BCM94360CDP has BT 4.2 but is not supported on Monterey and BCM94360CD is natively supported but doesn't have BT 4.2?

As per the compatibility list, both are natively supported cards.

So, it means BCM94360CDP has BT 4.2 but is not supported on Monterey and BCM94360CD is natively supported but doesn't have BT 4.2?

As per the compatibility list, both are natively supported cards.
You are correct. I’ve checked the compatibility list before buying and was sure it will work. I think the problem appeared after Monterey updated bluetooth transport system. I’m sure this module will work in earlier versions of macos without problems. But in latest Monterey version it is not detected correctly any more, because it was never meant to be in macpro 6,1.

You are correct. I’ve checked the compatibility list before buying and was sure it will work. I think the problem appeared after Monterey updated bluetooth transport system. I’m sure this module will work in earlier versions of macos without problems. But in latest Monterey version it is not detected correctly any more, because it was never meant to be in macpro 6,1.
Yes, i think in that case, all you need is BlueToolFixup.

Yes, i think in that case, all you need is BlueToolFixup.
Just tried to boot with BlueToolFixup and bluetooth is detected as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE. I’m pretty sure the problem is not with bluetooth module itself, but with usb hub. Although usb is mapped, the hub is not detected correctly.

Just tried to boot with BlueToolFixup and bluetooth is detected as THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE. I’m pretty sure the problem is not with bluetooth module itself, but with usb hub. Although usb is mapped, the hub is not detected correctly.
What exactly happens?

Attachments

• Bluetooth after boot.png
    Bluetooth after boot.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 6
  • USB after boot.png
    USB after boot.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 6
  • USB-working.png
    USB-working.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 7

Forum statistics