• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Acer Aspire 3 - i5 10210u - SSD not detected

deleteme

Motherboard
Acer Aspire A315-54
CPU
Intel Core i5-10210U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everybody,

I've purchased an Acer Aspire 3 A315-54-53AC with the following specs

• Intel Core i5 10210U (4 x 1.6 GHz)
  • 8 GB DDR4-RAM
  • 256 SSD Kingston RBU SNS8154P3256GJ1
  • Intel UHD Graphics

I was able to reach the installation GUI, but the SSD won't be recognized by disk utility. HFSplus.efi is already in /Clover/drivers/UEFI . In BIOS I don't find the option to set SATA to AHCI, maybe you see something on the attached pictures. I also attached the EFI folder. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2868.jpg
    IMG_2868.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 292
Hey everybody,

I've purchased an Acer Aspire 3 A315-54-53AC with the following specs

• Intel Core i5 10210U (4 x 1.6 GHz)
  • 8 GB DDR4-RAM
  • 256 SSD Kingston RBU SNS8154P3256GJ1
  • Intel UHD Graphics

I was able to reach the installation GUI, but the SSD won't be recognized by disk utility. HFSplus.efi is already in /Clover/drivers/UEFI . In BIOS I don't find the option to set SATA to AHCI, maybe you see something on the attached pictures. I also attached the EFI folder. Any help would be appreciated! :)
You need to disable Optane and set it back to AHCI. If the AHCI option is not available even after disabling Optane, you need to use a kext to make the SATA working. If it doesn't works, you need to rollback your BIOS.

From the Device Manager, attach a screenshot of SATA Device ID.

Thanks for your reply!

I attached the asked screenshot and also a complete report created by hwinfo64 (before updating the bios), maybe this will help.

There's no option to disable Optane in this BIOS as far as I can see.

Attachments

• Ohne Titel.jpg
    Ohne Titel.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 298
  • ACER Aspire 3 Specs.htm.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 220
Thanks for your reply!

I attached the asked screenshot and also a complete report created by hwinfo64 (before updating the bios), maybe this will help.

There's no option to disable Optane in this BIOS as far as I can see.
This is a known issue in some new Acer Laptops. Try to downgrade the BIOS.

ASUS is definitely better. Have you tried to use SATAUnsupported kext and check with that? The above is a RAID configuration using RST Premium.

Yes, SATAunsupported was my first idea, but nothing changed with that kext. Because you mentioned it already - the RAID/RST should work I guess?

Yes, SATAunsupported was my first idea, but nothing changed with that kext. Because you mentioned it already - the RAID/RST should work I guess?
The Optane and RST Premium must be disabled so it can work even in RAID mode. A similar issue i faced in HP Spectre.

Reactions: deleteme
Hey man, did you manage to make a hackintosh on this laptop? If so, I could share your EFI because I have similar hardware.

I arrived late, but it does not matter I wanted to tell you that it is possible to install macOS on this pc I have an Acer Aspire A315-54 10th Gen , with macOS Montery 12.3.1 & Windows 10 installed in 2 SSD

To change the SATA MODE, you must enter the BIOS and type CTRL+S it will display a (Hidden) option to change it.

This information should help other people. :)

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kontatajne