• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Wake after sleep when connecting iPhone to Titan Ridge THB 3 card

Yes. It's only the phone how is triggering this. If I connect an external disk to the same port sleep is working as it should.
Interesting.
I compiled two new SSDT (Casey, TBTGA390) for my two Titan Ridge cards with updated Drom:s and Bus Id:s.
Previously, were you using someone's else SSDT?
PS. Enabled internet sharing on iPhone could be a culprit. If anybody has the same problem as me first test to disable internet sharing. This could solve immediate wake after sleep on your hack.
Did you had Internet Sharing enabled?

Hi @EliteMacx86

Previously I had tested several versions of SSDT for THB3. The last one I have used since Catalina was one from @caseySJ with revised TB UID, TB bus ID and Drom according to @caseySJ.s guide. From the beginning I was using SSDT from @KGP.s guide which was working well with only one card on Yosemite and Catalina.

Yes I had internet sharing on when I was testing so I'm not 100% sure what was interfering with sleep because everything seems to be very inconsistent.
I tried to disable booth WiFi and Bluetooth first on my phone but that didn't interfere at all with my sleep problems. The only thing that was preventing my rig from sleep was the internet sharing.

Another problem I'm struggling with is that the ports on my two ASM2142 controllers (front and rear) is inconsistent and shows up with the wrong connector mapping. When the mapping is correct (Se attached pictures. The first picture is the correct one) sleep and extended sleep is working. When it's wrong I had occasionally crashes depending on Kernel panic, NMI issues. This extended sleep crashes is due to mismatched ports and I can’t do anything about it. My USBMap.kext (attached) is correct (@corpnewt). There is no support for ASM2142 USB 3.1 Host Controller in Big Sur so I have to use a kext provided from @apfelnico and I’m not sure this kext is working as it should.

Any ideas about that?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 14.58.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 14.58.39.png
    450 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 15.38.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 15.38.13.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 111
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Previously I had tested several versions of SSDT for THB3. The last one I have used since Catalina was one from @caseySJ with revised TB UID, TB bus ID and Drom according to @caseySJ.s guide. From the beginning I was using SSDT from @KGP.s guide which was working well with only one card on Yosemite and Catalina.
Yes, that's correct. KGP version did not had DROM implementation.
Yes I had internet sharing on when I was testing so I'm not 100% sure what was interfering with sleep because everything seems to be very inconsistent.
Most probably, it was due to that only.
I tried to disable booth WiFi and Bluetooth first on my phone but that didn't interfere at all with my sleep problems. The only thing that was preventing my rig from sleep was the internet sharing.
It seems like Internet sharing was the culprit.
Another problem I'm struggling with is that the ports on my two ASM2142 controllers (front and rear) is inconsistent and shows up with the wrong connector mapping. When the mapping is correct (Se attached picture) sleep and extended sleep is working. When it's wrong I had occasionally crashes depending on Kernel panic, NMI issues. This extended sleep crashes is due to mismatched ports and I can’t do anything about it. My USBMap.kext is correct (@corpnewt). There is no support for ASM2142 USB 3.1 Host Controller in Big Sur so I have to use a kext provided from @apfelnico and I’m not sure this kext is working as it should.
Yes, correct. ASMedia.kext serves well.

The problem still is that the mapping on my two PXSX controllers (ASM2142) is inconsistent and mostly map my ports wrong after a restart. This trigger Kernel panic,NMI issues/crashes when my rig is trying to wake up after extended sleep. As long as everything is mapped according to attached picture everything is working flawlessly.
Is there a better way to map only my 7 PXSX ports than with USBMap.kext?
Trying @gengik84 way with native SSDT without success.
Any help for this problem is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 14.58.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 14.58.39.png
    450 KB · Views: 104
The problem still is that the mapping on my two PXSX controllers (ASM2142) is inconsistent and mostly map my ports wrong after a restart. This trigger Kernel panic,NMI issues/crashes when my rig is trying to wake up after extended sleep. As long as everything is mapped according to attached picture everything is working flawlessly.
Is there a better way to map only my 7 PXSX ports than with USBMap.kext?
Trying @gengik84 way with native SSDT without success.
Any help for this problem is much appreciated.
I would suggest you to firstly remove the mapping and renames and only use USBInjectAll+ASMedia.kext. Check your work and then proceed with the mapping.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayne910094