• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED Sonoma 14.4 Stage 2 Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew101

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i9-10980XE
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 590
OS X/macOS
14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all! Recently I wanted to update my very good and stable working Hackintosh to Sonoma 14.4, but I started getting strange issues. Firstly after some time WiFi stopped working at random. I followed the guide to restore it and went well and worked to last week when after booting up it stopped to discover and connect to networks. The card itself and Bluetooth works fine. Then when I wanted to check for update's (after 14.2.1 update) none of the system patches were showing up. Today I wanted to do it manually and downloaded fresh copy of Sonoma from AppStore and flashed it on USB and tried to update it from recovery environement . But before that I tried to launch it from OS itself but it was giving me an "a snapshot is currently set to boot that is not the currently booted snapshot. Please reboot" but after couple of trials I gave up. So I've launched the update from USB but right now it's stuck at Stage 2. It boots correctly, OC 0.9.7 config works fine cause WhateverGreen (which is my last kext) loads and it works od 14.2.1 so... It even passes that stage when it shows "X minutes remaining". After that it does reboot and gets into boot loop. 14.2.1 installs perfectly fine. Does anybody knows what might be an issue here? Any help appreciated. Cheers!

EDIT: 14.3.1 also works perfectly fine

Last edited:
Hi all! Recently I wanted to update my very good and stable working Hackintosh to Sonoma 14.4, but I started getting strange issues. Firstly after some time WiFi stopped working at random. I followed the guide to restore it and went well and worked to last week when after booting up it stopped to discover and connect to networks. The card itself and Bluetooth works fine. Then when I wanted to check for update's (after 14.2.1 update) none of the system patches were showing up. Today I wanted to do it manually and downloaded fresh copy of Sonoma from AppStore and flashed it on USB and tried to update it from recovery environement . But before that I tried to launch it from OS itself but it was giving me an "a snapshot is currently set to boot that is not the currently booted snapshot. Please reboot" but after couple of trials I gave up. So I've launched the update from USB but right now it's stuck at Stage 2. It boots correctly, OC 0.9.7 config works fine cause WhateverGreen (which is my last kext) loads and it works od 14.2.1 so... It even passes that stage when it shows "X minutes remaining". After that it does reboot and gets into boot loop. 14.2.1 installs perfectly fine. Does anybody knows what might be an issue here? Any help appreciated. Cheers!

EDIT: 14.3.1 also works perfectly fine
Yes, there are problems when updating to 14.4 release. Try to download and run the full installer.

Yes, there are problems when updating to 14.4 release. Try to download and run the full installer.
Full installer also failed and at the same spot.

Full installer also failed and at the same spot.
Is your OC updated? Tried a nightly version and we were able to update on a test system successfully.

Is your OC updated? Tried a nightly version and we were able to update on a test system successfully.
I've tested it with 0.9.7. Does 0.9.8 has smth crucial that work with 14.4?

I've tested it with 0.9.7. Does 0.9.8 has smth crucial that work with 14.4?
Use the nightly release 0.9.9. We have tested using that.

@Yew101 After the initial investigation, here's the fix:

Reactions: Yew101
@EliteMacx86 Ok. So I updated OC to 0.9.9 and all of the kexts. I've changes in my config (using the guide) and 14.4 still won't boot and updater show the snapshot problem. Is there anything else what can I do? My config and setting are correct because 14.3.1 works perfectly.

@EliteMacx86 Ok. So I updated OC to 0.9.9 and all of the kexts. I've changes in my config (using the guide) and 14.4 still won't boot and updater show the snapshot problem. Is there anything else what can I do? My config and setting are correct because 14.3.1 works perfectly. Now the problem is different because there is no reboot loop but it just getting stuck at com.apple.keychain - stopping and killing PID

Attachments

• 20240315_195526.jpg
    20240315_195526.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 9
Attach the new EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOOWhhfasd