• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Motherboard compatibility ?

dongiedong

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Intel Z390 Socket 1151
CPU
Intel Core i9900K 3,6 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 580 1366 MHz 8 Go PCI Express 3.0
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

So just a few lines into the firsts tutorials, and I'm already having trouble finding one info : how compatible is my motherboard for Sonoma ? I found my CPU&GPU in the lists, so that's checked..
My actual build is working perfectly, except it stopped going to sleep for no reason, and I'm on the good ol' Clover.. So i guess I might as well go for a fresh OC install and really understand what I'm doing this time, but I might be too old for this stuff... :(
Any info/advice on where to look/what to read so I'm sure I get the right EFI for Sonoma on my set-up would be greatly appreciated <3

So just a few lines into the firsts tutorials, and I'm already having trouble finding one info : how compatible is my motherboard for Sonoma ? I found my CPU&GPU in the lists, so that's checked..
My actual build is working perfectly, except it stopped going to sleep for no reason, and I'm on the good ol' Clover.. So i guess I might as well go for a fresh OC install and really understand what I'm doing this time, but I might be too old for this stuff... :(
If the CPU and GPU are compatible, a matching board is what you all need. As per your profile, the Motherboard you have seems to be compatible.

Any info/advice on where to look/what to read so I'm sure I get the right EFI for Sonoma on my set-up would be greatly appreciated <3
If you're looking for shortcut, then here's what you need:

Reactions: exefes
Thanks :) I've watch another video you did which is on MacOS, I don't have access to a windows computer, only my current hackintosh + my macbook pro.
Also I'm looking to understand the most I can of what's going to need configuration post-installation, and that feels scary :D

@EliteMacx86

Excuse me for my question, this is my first post here. And I am new to the subject.
But I see your guides are excellent, very detailed and you are helping a lot of people out.

So is the process of building a fully working hackintosh like:

1. I choose the CPU (Intel i5-i9 14th gen)
2. Can i simply choose a motherboard that has the features i want (Z690/Z790)
considering the network hardware chipsets/thunderbolt cards
and then modify everything according to the guide?

I was under impression that i should buy the exact motherboard that's written in the guide (a safe bet) but do you say that every board as long as it has the same chipset can work?

Thank you for all your work!

X

Last edited:
Thanks :) I've watch another video you did which is on MacOS, I don't have access to a windows computer, only my current hackintosh + my macbook pro.
Also I'm looking to understand the most I can of what's going to need configuration post-installation, and that feels scary :D
The guide which was linked above, uses Windows to create EFI from scratch.

@EliteMacx86

Excuse me for my question, this is my first post here. And I am new to the subject.
But I see your guides are excellent, very detailed and you are helping a lot of people out.

So is the process of building a fully working hackintosh like:

1. I choose the CPU (Intel i5-i9 14th gen)
2. Can i simply choose a motherboard that has the features i want (Z690/Z790)
considering the network hardware chipsets/thunderbolt cards
and then modify everything according to the guide?
Yes, choose a compatible CPU. For now, 14th Gen. Desktop CPUs are compatible.

Then comes the Motherboard selection. Being a 14th Gen, we recommend to use Z790 Chipset. Although, Z690 can work. While selecting the Motherboard, you need to take care of the Audio Codec, then the Network. For e.g. if you plan to use 10GbE, you need to select a Motherboard which has 10GbE which is supported on the macOS side. Then, you need to check the USB Ports, and additional devices such as Thunderbolt.

Then you need to get a compatible GPU as well.

Once you have everything as per the compatibility, you can head out and start building the EFI.

I was under impression that i should buy the exact motherboard that's written in the guide (a safe bet) but do you say that every board as long as it has the same chipset can work?
No, that's really not necessary at all.

Reactions: exefes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Havker123890