• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[SOLVED] Dell XPS 9360 "ASF2 Force OFF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional file added here.
Also I tried to remove the CMOS battery, let the bios reset and tried to start it again. No luck.

Attachments

• Pr_add.zip
    6 MB · Views: 26
Additional file added here.
Also I tried to remove the CMOS battery, let the bios reset and tried to start it again. No luck.
There is clearly a Kernel Panic.
Your configuration isn't correct. You should prepare a configuration and re-install a copy to check again. Even with a possible KP, the system should just restart and not shut down and never boot unless you use an AC Adapter.

Right now I've reinstalled MacOS with this basic EFI. No issue so far. By the way did you find something specific wrong with the original efi?

Attachments

• EFI_clean_6apr.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Right now I've reinstalled MacOS with this basic EFI. No issue so far. By the way did you find something specific wrong with the original efi?
Yes, several things were not correct in your old configuration.

Following changes are needed.

- Use SSDT-EC-USBX instead of SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP
- Use SSDT-PLUG instead of SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA
- Use OpenHFSPlus instead of HFSPlus
- AppleALC is missing
- XhciPortLimit is not Enabled, which is required for mapping ports
- Kexts sorting order is not correct. Use the guide to correct the order
- Disable Hide Auxiliary from Misc section

Yes, several things were not correct in your old configuration.

Following changes are needed.

- Use OpenHFSPlus instead of HFSPlus
- AppleALC is missing
- Kexts sorting order is not correct. Use the guide to correct the order
- Disable Hide Auxiliary from Misc section
So just to clarify, those changes are need for the "Efi clean" (the one I sent you yesterday).
Where Can I find those files? The ones that I'm using are from the dortania guide website.
Right Now I'm unable to boot, keep getting stuck on HID: Legacy Shim 2. I read online that it's caused by using an usb 3.0 but as I have a laptop I don't have any 2.0 alternative, and also this worked flawlessly in the past days.
Maybe XhciPortLimit is the key to fix it?

So just to clarify, those changes are need for the "Efi clean" (the one I sent you yesterday).
Yes, correct.
Where Can I find those files? The ones that I'm using are from the dortania guide website.
It's available within OpenCore package.
Right Now I'm unable to boot, keep getting stuck on HID: Legacy Shim 2. I read online that it's caused by using an usb 3.0 but as I have a laptop I don't have any 2.0 alternative, and also this worked flawlessly in the past days.
Maybe XhciPortLimit is the key to fix it?
That's due to the USB not working correctly. For 11.3 and later, the USB mapping is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmollick