• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[SOLVED] Dell XPS 9360 "ASF2 Force OFF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what it has to do with your configuration?
Just to say that he has the same exact components as my laptop. (This xps model was sold with different cpus (i5/i7) and different screen types and resolutions)

Well, I think I figured out what's wrong. I tought the bios battery was fine because when mesuring it with a multimeter (3V). After one of this suddent shutdowns I measured it again and it was 0,1V. So the battery was charging but cannot provide any power. Seems like windows can handle this scenario while macOS just shutsdown.

Well, I think I figured out what's wrong. I tought the bios battery was fine because when mesuring it with a multimeter (3V). After one of this suddent shutdowns I measured it again and it was 0,1V. So the battery was charging but cannot provide any power. Seems like windows can handle this scenario while macOS just shutsdown.
You mean the CMOS Battery? If so, that battery isn't rechargeable.

You mean the CMOS Battery? If so, that battery isn't rechargeable.
Yes it's the cmos battery and it's rechargeable. It's written on the battery itself. I do belive it's just faulty.
Right now I connected a non rechargeable battery to test it and tomorrow a new rechargeable battery will arrive.

Attachments

• photo_2022-04-15_15-50-45.jpg
    photo_2022-04-15_15-50-45.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 21
Wow. This is great. Maybe i have missed it. I had XPS a long time ago. So, this draws power from the internal battery itself to charge the CMOS?

Wow. This is great. Maybe i have missed it. I had XPS a long time ago. So, this draws power from the internal battery itself to charge the CMOS?
Well this is what I'm trying to figure out. As macOS is shutting down only when it's powered by battery I do belive that the cmos battery is charged only by the AC adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EZBNEW