• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[SOLVED] apfs_module_start 1279 load.... Stuck please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlivexevilx

Motherboard
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Desktop Mobo
CPU
Intel Core 2 Dou Quad
Graphics
GTX 750 ti
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Asus P5e3 Deluxe with Clover 5142. It seems like the answer to having the boot hang is to install a patch to the acpi section of CC or generate and patch the dsdt and ssdt. I've also tried downloading SSDT-EC.aml and placing it into the patched folder of ACPI. I'm now stuck in the middle of a guide trying to patch my generated .aml files. Either was idk what else to do. I usually never ask for help and can find the solution on my own but not this time. If anyone knows how to get me past this boot hang please let me know. Thank you in advance! I greatly appreciate it.

So I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Asus P5e3 Deluxe with Clover 5142. It seems like the answer to having the boot hang is to install a patch to the acpi section of CC or generate and patch the dsdt and ssdt. I've also tried downloading SSDT-EC.aml and placing it into the patched folder of ACPI. I'm now stuck in the middle of a guide trying to patch my generated .aml files. Either was idk what else to do. I usually never ask for help and can find the solution on my own but not this time. If anyone knows how to get me past this boot hang please let me know. Thank you in advance! I greatly appreciate it.
No PR files attached.

Sorry forgot my efi... Please see attached...

Attachments

• EFI-1.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 105
Oh also I installed an nvme ssd through a pcix card. I removed it and can boot but I want to install High Sierra on the ssd. Seems like that was making it hang. Do I need an .aml for the ssd? Or maybe just ionmvefamily.kext. I'm about to try the kext now. I can't seem to be able to make any ssdt or dsdt files. I've gone through the guides on making them but I always get an error when trying to disassemble the dsdt.aml that I generated through clover.

Last piece of info....I was somehow able to boot to the installer and install high sierra on the ssd but then I wasn't able to boot after that. Had a kernel panic after the install, booting from the SSD. Now I'm starting over and just trying to boot from the usb and install to the SSD. Thanks again for your help!

I got it....I was able to boot after only selecting the following Quirks: EnableWriteUnprotector, RebuildAppleMemoryMap . Thank you anyway for all that you do. It really is greatly appreciated! This thread is solved.

Sorry forgot my efi... Please see attached...

Oh also I installed an nvme ssd through a pcix card. I removed it and can boot but I want to install High Sierra on the ssd. Seems like that was making it hang. Do I need an .aml for the ssd? Or maybe just ionmvefamily.kext. I'm about to try the kext now. I can't seem to be able to make any ssdt or dsdt files. I've gone through the guides on making them but I always get an error when trying to disassemble the dsdt.aml that I generated through clover.

Last piece of info....I was somehow able to boot to the installer and install high sierra on the ssd but then I wasn't able to boot after that. Had a kernel panic after the install, booting from the SSD. Now I'm starting over and just trying to boot from the usb and install to the SSD. Thanks again for your help!

I got it....I was able to boot after only selecting the following Quirks: EnableWriteUnprotector, RebuildAppleMemoryMap . Thank you anyway for all that you do. It really is greatly appreciated! This thread is solved.
Unfortunately, couldn't respond on time. Yes, on High Sierra, there is no NVMe support, and a patch or a kext is required for NVMe initialization. Glad, that you made it up. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deviank88