• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Osx install Monterey/Ventura

W0lfhound

Motherboard
intel
CPU
i7 3.4 Quad Core
Graphics
nVidia Gt 740
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have an HP 8300 Elite Mt
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 4 GB
Currently running Big Sur osx 11.7.9
I'd like to install Ventura but I cannot even install Monterey. I get the firmware update error
I have an MSI Radeon 560 4GB card for ventura or monterrey that I can install
So what is a step by step work around ? A Ventura install would be great

I have an HP 8300 Elite Mt
3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 4 GB
Currently running Big Sur osx 11.7.9
I'd like to install Ventura but I cannot even install Monterey. I get the firmware update error
I have an MSI Radeon 560 4GB card for ventura or monterrey that I can install
So what is a step by step work around ? A Ventura install would be great
Yes, installing RX560 would be much better. The firmware update error seems like the EFI is not built properly, provided that you're erasing the disk in APFS format.

Yes, installing RX560 would be much better. The firmware update error seems like the EFI is not built properly, provided that you're erasing the disk in APFS format.
this is what I found 0n another site. Also another site said to just change the smbios to imac 16,2 I forgot how. been a while as I only am running Big Sur. I would like to get to Ventura if possible with an Ivy bridge cpu, until I can upgrade to 8th or 9th gen computer
So, before allowing you to upgrade to macOS Monterey or its successor, macOS Ventura, the EFI Boot ROM included in the OS will verify your hard drive to ensure it's original. If it can't find the original drive, the installation will fail with an error like "A required firmware update could not be installed."

this is what I found 0n another site. Also another site said to just change the smbios to imac 16,2 I forgot how. been a while as I only am running Big Sur. I would like to get to Ventura if possible with an Ivy bridge cpu, until I can upgrade to 8th or 9th gen computer
So, before allowing you to upgrade to macOS Monterey or its successor, macOS Ventura, the EFI Boot ROM included in the OS will verify your hard drive to ensure it's original. If it can't find the original drive, the installation will fail with an error like "A required firmware update could not be installed."
What's the current issue?

currently nVidia GT 740. I tried to install with a RX 560, and still got the same firmware error

currently nVidia GT 740. I tried to install with a RX 560, and still got the same firmware error
Attach the EFI and post a picture of the error.

I followed this guide for big sur the efi was from Github sniki for HP 6300-HP8300

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imasl