• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

MSI Z590I UNIFY - Intel Core i9-10900F - 64GB RAM - AMD RX 5700XT - WiFi/BT - Thunderbolt 4 - OpenCore

@EliteMacx86 thank you for always helping.

I have a new question. I have same motherboard and same CPU. Currently, 2 SSDs installed. One is SN850X in M2_2, one is Samsung 990 Pro in M2_1. Now, only M2_2 SSD SN850X is seen. I want to use that one for macOS, and Samsung for Windows. Do you have both SSD M2_1 and M2_2 slot working OK? What SSDs?

Now, I use Windows in SN850X for create SSDTTime and USBMap and prepare macOS. Maybe I must use only 1 SSD and 2 OS. Oh no!

For other user and same motherboard. Only some SSD allowed. Please check list for OK SSD to use with your motherboard.

@EliteMacx86 thank you for always helping.

I have a new question. I have same motherboard and same CPU. Currently, 2 SSDs installed. One is SN850X in M2_2, one is Samsung 990 Pro in M2_1. Now, only M2_2 SSD SN850X is seen. I want to use that one for macOS, and Samsung for Windows. Do you have both SSD M2_1 and M2_2 slot working OK? What SSDs?

Now, I use Windows in SN850X for create SSDTTime and USBMap and prepare macOS. Maybe I must use only 1 SSD and 2 OS. Oh no!

For other user and same motherboard. Only some SSD allowed. Please check list for OK SSD to use with your motherboard.
Make sure the lanes are sufficient. There are some slots which supports SATA only, not PCIe and there are some slots which will only support PCIe, not SATA. There are some slots which will support either of these. In addition, on some boards, the NVMe slot might be disabled if a PCIe slot of other device is occupied, that's because of the particular board and chipset design. Indicates bandwidth sharing.

I am looking to follow your guide for TB4. Same motherboard Z590i Unify.

Problem: plugging in Thunderbolt device at boot to reveal thunderbolt in IOReg, does not reveal any devices for thunderbolt. I tested in another hackintosh and it reveals IOReg OK. In Windows, I have the Thunderbolt device working OK and know the path
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PC00)#ACPI(RP05)#ACPI(PXSX)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)

Any way you can share the .aml? One for Z490i Unify is only 1 port in HackinDROM website. Adjusting .aml does not seem to work. Also in macOS ventura, USB3.0 and USB2.0 do not work using those TB4 ports.

I am looking to follow your guide for TB4. Same motherboard Z590i Unify.

Problem: plugging in Thunderbolt device at boot to reveal thunderbolt in IOReg, does not reveal any devices for thunderbolt. I tested in another hackintosh and it reveals IOReg OK. In Windows, I have the Thunderbolt device working OK and know the path
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PC00)#ACPI(RP05)#ACPI(PXSX)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)

Any way you can share the .aml? One for Z490i Unify is only 1 port in HackinDROM website. Adjusting .aml does not seem to work. Also in macOS ventura, USB3.0 and USB2.0 do not work using those TB4 ports.
Use the Maximus sample and adapt it as per your system with the help of the guide. Once you do that, the USB problem will be fixed. Regarding the 2.0 ports on TB4 ports, they are combo ports, tied to Intel. So, make sure your mapping is correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imasl