• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

[IN PROGRESS] Monterey on HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-In-One

Ok, I did it as you said.
Looks like it's the same as yesterday :(

The selected line is "red" and HQP 8300 isn't there again.
Attach a copy of IOReg please

Done.

I have TeamViewer installed, in case of.

Attachments

• No-HQP.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Done.

I have TeamViewer installed, in case of.
Remove the following entry

framebuffer-con0-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con0-type = 00040000

Save changes. Restart, reset NVRAM twice. Check if the internal screen appears. The display might be still blank though.

There is still one display, the HQP goes black when coming to the desktop.
However, IOReg shows 2 screens, see it.

Attachments

• Next.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 07.49.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 07.49.11.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 07.49.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-05-06 à 07.49.35.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 2
There is still one display, the HQP goes black when coming to the desktop.
However, IOReg shows 2 screens, see it.
Attach the System Report, please. The IOReg currently shows only one display connected. Make sure you have uploaded the correct IOReg.

My bad, sorry. I forgot to look for "display 0" in IOReg : so u're right, it shows one display only.

Attachments

• SystemReport.zip
    243.4 KB · Views: 2
No, as per the datasheet, the internal screen is connected using DP, not LVDS. If I'm not wrong.
I've got some info if it helps.

The internal screen (HQP 8300) is indeed connected in LVDS: last year, I had to change the motherboard, and I saw the LVDS interface.

It has a few jumpers, allowing you to choose the type of panel used: LG (the one I have), Samsung or AUO.

It has a few jumpers, allowing you to choose the type of panel used: LG (the one I have), Samsung or AUO.
Where is this jumper and what other settings it has?

Also, attach a full BIOS walkthrough.

Look for the blue jumper on top left part. But it will be a waste of time looking with that : as the service manual says, there are only 3 settings.
LG (the one that I have), Samsung and AUO as previously said. Using the wrong one will always ends with a garbled display.

The bios is always the same as a few pages ago => post #23.

Attachments

• CPQSETUP.TXT
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
  • HP_8300.jpg
    HP_8300.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Look for the blue jumper on top left part. But it will be a waste of time looking with that : as the service manual says, there are only 3 settings.
LG (the one that I have), Samsung and AUO as previously said. Using the wrong one will always ends with a garbled display.

The bios is always the same as a few pages ago => post #23.
Time to get the EDID now.

Use Ubuntu to extract the EDID image and then inject it. Check if the display appears in the System report.

Also, always remember, that until its fully fixed, you must let the system boot without the external monitor. Once you feel like the system has booted, login and then connect the external monitor to check the display if the internal one remains black!

Trending Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sboos