• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

HP ProDesk 400 G3 DM installation issues

i haz cat

Motherboard
HP 82A5
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-7500T
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 630
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to build Ventura for this machine. I'm a newbie. I had several attempts and did a few half baked builds for some machines but never done any fully polished with OpenCore. I thought this time it might be easy because it is a Kaby Lake machine and OpenCore is a good stuff. But after several days of trying now I'm pretty confused and stuck with the process. I tried several tutorials and workarounds. I also tried out similar EFI builds but not sure what exactly is the issue at the moment. I never reached the boot logo on this machine. The progress always stuck or freeze before Ventura can boot. So please check the files.

The machine is properly working with any other systems. Tested Ubuntu, Debian, Windows 10, Windows 11.​

Specification
Board: HP 82A5 (Intel H270 afaik)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7500T
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 630
RAM: 16 GB SK hynix
Drive: Apacer AS350X (SATA)
Display: LG 24GM79G via DisplayPort

I attached the actual config but for future use also uploaded to GDrive if any progress can be done. It contains a SysReport too.​

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 6
  • opencore-2024-01-03-150328.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm trying to build Ventura for this machine. I'm a newbie. I had several attempts and did a few half baked builds for some machines but never done any fully polished with OpenCore. I thought this time it might be easy because it is a Kaby Lake machine and OpenCore is a good stuff. But after several days of trying now I'm pretty confused and stuck with the process. I tried several tutorials and workarounds. I also tried out similar EFI builds but not sure what exactly is the issue at the moment. I never reached the boot logo on this machine. The progress always stuck or freeze before Ventura can boot. So please check the files.

The machine is properly working with any other systems. Tested Ubuntu, Debian, Windows 10, Windows 11.​

Specification
Board: HP 82A5 (Intel H270 afaik)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7500T
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 630
RAM: 16 GB SK hynix
Drive: Apacer AS350X (SATA)
Display: LG 24GM79G via DisplayPort

I attached the actual config but for future use also uploaded to GDrive if any progress can be done. It contains a SysReport too.​
Unfortunately, your configuration is not as per the guide.

Start here from scratch:

To be fair it is based on your guide. But since I dived myself into this project it changed a lot. So please point out what you mean.

To be fair it is based on your guide. But since I dived myself into this project it changed a lot. So please point out what you mean.
To be clear, it is NOT as per the guide.

Here are a few issues:

Make the following changes to your config.plist

- SSDT loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- You should use the SSDTs as per the guide. Why using a separate EC and USBX?
- Remove ResetLogoStatus Quirk from ACPI>Quirks section.
- Enable EnableSafeModeSilde Quirk from Booter>Quirks section.
- Enable ProvideCustomSlide Quirk from Booter>Quirks section.
- Delete all the PCI devices from DeviceProperties section and patch the framebuffer accordingly.
- Kexts loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- -wegnoegpu is not required as the SFF does not have any other GPU than the IGPU.

Once you're done with the changes, save your config.plist. Restart the system and reset NVRAM twice. Attach the new PR files.

To be clear, it is NOT as per the guide.

Here are a few issues:

Make the following changes to your config.plist

- SSDT loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- You should use the SSDTs as per the guide. Why using a separate EC and USBX?
- Remove ResetLogoStatus Quirk from ACPI>Quirks section.
- Enable EnableSafeModeSilde Quirk from Booter>Quirks section.
- Enable ProvideCustomSlide Quirk from Booter>Quirks section.
- Delete all the PCI devices from DeviceProperties section and patch the framebuffer accordingly.
- Kexts loading order is not correct. See the guide to load in the correct order.
- -wegnoegpu is not required as the SFF does not have any other GPU than the IGPU.

Once you're done with the changes, save your config.plist. Restart the system and reset NVRAM twice. Attach the new PR files.
Don't get me wrong but even your guide is not complete. It is an on-the-go guide on a very error free platform. while older machines are disasters. I'm working on my machine about two weeks to understand what cause boot issues with my limited knowledge. Yeah it has two EC's but only one active. One is prebuilt and one generated. Every other added/removed files/quirks what are differs are parts of my troubleshooting attempts because I want to go on alone when nobody can help. Some of them came from dortania's guide and ton's of other platform/OS relevant guides.

AFAIK I have to only add AAPL,ig-platform-id because I can set the video ram size (which is 64 MB at the moment) via UEFI and Ventura has Intel HD 630 kernel support. But correct me if I'm wrong. And please understand that if you won't tell me that you only help if I only use your guide then I have to go on meanwhile. After several days without replies I am not begging and try to do on my own if there are no other options.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2
  • opencore-2024-01-09-225338.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
Don't get me wrong but even your guide is not complete. It is an on-the-go guide on a very error free platform. while older machines are disasters. I'm working on my machine about two weeks to understand what cause boot issues with my limited knowledge. Yeah it has two EC's but only one active. One is prebuilt and one generated. Every other added/removed files/quirks what are differs are parts of my troubleshooting attempts because I want to go on alone when nobody can help. Some of them came from dortania's guide and ton's of other platform/OS relevant guides.
Well, not sure what makes you think like that. People are not able to help you probably because you cannot follow their instructions!

AFAIK I have to only add AAPL,ig-platform-id because I can set the video ram size (which is 64 MB at the moment) via UEFI and Ventura has Intel HD 630 kernel support. But correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, you're wrong here. You must patch the framebuffers.

And please understand that if you won't tell me that you only help if I only use your guide then I have to go on meanwhile.
That is your personal choice. Its like you need help but in your way which isn't going to happen everywhere. Maybe somewhere for one time or even two but not always.

Moreover, not sure what's the big deal in checking the guide again and when missing/wrong settings are highlighted, simply correct them. Not sure what kind of arrogance is this that you cannot follow people's instructions who are trying to help you out.

After several days without replies I am not begging and try to do on my own if there are no other options.
Everyone has a life and sometimes people can be busy and delays are expected in replies. Of course, its your choice again whether to follow instructions or not, whether to beg or not, when you simply fail to understand the logic behind simple things.

Coming to the PR Files, except for the SSDTs, everything seems as per the guide. Attach a photo of the Verbose. Also, what version of macOS you're trying to boot? Is it an offline installer or online installer?

Well, not sure what makes you think like that. People are not able to help you probably because you cannot follow their instructions!

Yes, you're wrong here. You must patch the framebuffers.

That is your personal choice. Its like you need help but in your way which isn't going to happen everywhere. Maybe somewhere for one time or even two but not always.

Moreover, not sure what's the big deal in checking the guide again and when missing/wrong settings are highlighted, simply correct them. Not sure what kind of arrogance is this that you cannot follow people's instructions who are trying to help you out.

Everyone has a life and sometimes people can be busy and delays are expected in replies. Of course, its your choice again whether to follow instructions or not, whether to beg or not, when you simply fail to understand the logic behind simple things.

Coming to the PR Files, except for the SSDTs, everything seems as per the guide. Attach a photo of the Verbose. Also, what version of macOS you're trying to boot? Is it an offline installer or online installer?
I don't know what's needed for that platform what you introduced but you just made an EFI. Cool but not mentioned what image you used or why no any lan/wlan related kexts are not added. And the end of the video you just boot into the installer without any issues. That's fine just surely not an average ending. People experiencing booting issues a lot. So one simple guide not covers everything.

And it's not because I "cannot follow the instructions". I did it several times. As you mentioned everyone has a life. I have too. And since time is limited I also tried out other methods and not stopped after the first fail. But I always got the very same results which means that none of the guides are universal even the platform is similar.

So if you ask me the very first time to do an exact EFI I do it even if I already know the result.

SSDTs are original prebuilt Dortania files. I just renamed them for myself. I'm using the macrecovery image since it is the recommended.

Attachments

• 015137.jpg
    015137.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
I don't know what's needed for that platform what you introduced but you just made an EFI. Cool but not mentioned what image you used or why no any lan/wlan related kexts are not added.
Seems like you did not pay attention to the guide. The guide says you must have the complete system information and Ethernet kext should be used as per your hardware. If a kext was not added for the example system we showed, its because it works OOTB.

And the end of the video you just boot into the installer without any issues. That's fine just surely not an average ending. People experiencing booting issues a lot. So one simple guide not covers everything.
Its a basic EFI guide and if followed correctly, it will boot on every supported hardware.

And it's not because I "cannot follow the instructions". I did it several times. As you mentioned everyone has a life. I have too. And since time is limited I also tried out other methods and not stopped after the first fail. But I always got the very same results which means that none of the guides are universal even the platform is similar.
If you made the corrections, attach the new EFI to check. Also, attach the BIOS pictures to check the settings.

So if you ask me the very first time to do an exact EFI I do it even if I already know the result.
See? That's the issue. People just assume and predict results on basis of that.

Seems like you did not pay attention to the guide. The guide says you must have the complete system information and Ethernet kext should be used as per your hardware. If a kext was not added for the example system we showed, its because it works OOTB.

Its a basic EFI guide and if followed correctly, it will boot on every supported hardware.

If you made the corrections, attach the new EFI to check. Also, attach the BIOS pictures to check the settings.

See? That's the issue. People just assume and predict results on basis of that.
This/these done already. If you remember I posted first a very crowded config which stuck with very similar error logs like your sample config. And the picture above about the verbose is also show the same outputs. So nothing new since then. The process just stuck however the system won't freeze. It stuck with the APFS messages and later a few suspend related messages shows up.

This/these done already. If you remember I posted first a very crowded config which stuck with very similar error logs like your sample config. And the picture above about the verbose is also show the same outputs. So nothing new since then. The process just stuck however the system won't freeze. It stuck with the APFS messages and later a few suspend related messages shows up.
Seems like the instructions are still not clear to you.

Apply the changes as mentioned in the post #4

Attach the new EFI+BIOS pictures to check the settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiqs00k