• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

HP Pavilion G6 1250ej

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. And how do I mod the BIOS?
I searched in the BIOS Mods website and didn't find a mod for my laptop.
Do I just need to request one?
In my guide it's already mentioned to contact the bios-mod site.
nvm, someone from the administration team modded one of the BIOS versions this laptop had
and it comes as a exe like the original flasher

So, I am flashing Windows PE on a USB drive and going to try to flash that BIOS like I did with the official versions
Okay.
Well, it bricked the laptop...
I spent the last 2 hours trying to fix it and no luck.

Is the only way to fix it is to buy a BIOS flasher?
Yes, you need to re-program the BIOS using correct tools.

Alright, I finally got a bit of time to dig in this laptop to find the BIOS chip and I think that I found it.
I found a chip labeled "A25L0100-UF" and after checking its data sheet, it looks like that its a serial flash memory chip.
After searching on Google, I found a couple of forums that mentioned it as the BIOS chip of an HP Pavilion G6.

Can you confirm that its really it and maybe recommend a flasher for it?

Here's its data sheet: http://www.amictechnology.com/datasheets/A25L020.pdf

IMG_6236.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I finally got a bit of time to dig in this laptop to find the BIOS chip and I think that I found it.
I found a chip labeled "A25L0100-UF" and after checking its data sheet, it looks like that its a serial flash memory chip.
After searching on Google, I found a couple of forums that mentioned it as the BIOS chip of an HP Pavilion G6.

Can you confirm that its really it and maybe recommend a flasher for it?

Here's its data sheet: http://www.amictechnology.com/datasheets/A25L020.pdf

View attachment 2635
I'll have to check. Also, what was your WiFi Card? As there has been a great progress with Intel WiFi.

I’ll still need the programmer, because as I said before, that BIOS update I tried bricked it...

And it wasn’t an Intel card. It was a Broadcom card that as you said, doesn’t have MacOS support.

Either way, the new one I bought has MacOS support and it’s better than the old one anyways.

I’ll still need the programmer, because as I said before, that BIOS update I tried bricked it...

And it wasn’t an Intel card. It was a Broadcom card that as you said, doesn’t have MacOS support.

Either way, the new one I bought has MacOS support and it’s better than the old one anyways.
I already warned you.
94352HMB?

1. My BIOS is bricked, so I need a programmer. Can you please check that chip I sent you before to verify that it is the BIOS chip and recommend a programmer that will work on it?
2. I have a better Broadcom card already (as I said a couple months ago) that does support MacOS. I don't need the old one anymore. No reason to make it work.

1. My BIOS is bricked, so I need a programmer. Can you please check that chip I sent you before to verify that it is the BIOS chip and recommend a programmer that will work on it?
No good idea, maybe you can contact the seller.
2. I have a better Broadcom card already (as I said a couple months ago) that does support MacOS. I don't need the old one anymore. No reason to make it work.
Sounds good.

The seller confirmed that it is the BIOS chip and that their’s programmer will work with it.
So I ordered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haiderhabbeb313