• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Hi There!

I'm here because you might be able to help me with my quite unique issue as far as I see.
Only this guy name neonz had a similar issue on this forum, only difference he has another revision of the same mainboard as I have (Gigabyte Aorus Master X570). His has the Thunderbolt Header, mine has not (But the Thunderbolt Options in the BIOS are available anyway because it was originally intended to have it but Rev 1.0 did not have it then.. kinda complicated)

So, my Issue at the moment is the SSDT.
As soon as I put the SSDT into the regarding Directory on my EFI and activate it in the PLIST my MacOS does not boot anymore. It is able to get to the white apple with the loading bar, makes it to about 5% and stops moving. I have to manually Power Off the PC.
After restarting with the SSDT removed from the plist I'll get an Apple Error Report which does not really say anything usable and that's it.
I've attached my latest version of the SSDT, but no matter what I'm changing, the result seems to be the same: stuck on the loading bar.
OpenCore's Debug on the EFI says:
22:911 00:005 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2023-01-10T16:00:37
22:922 00:011 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-01-10T16:00:37
so this seems to be fine.

The difficulty on this SSDT for me is, that this mainboard has quite a long path for the Thunderbolt device: PCI0.BXBR.BYUP.BYD2.BYS2 instead of this PXSX-style pathes.
And I guess it's something wrong with the SSDT because as soon as I activate it in the PLIST (and of course adding it in the EFI/OC/ACPI-Directory) it won't boot.

Today I finally got my flashed Titan Ridge. But there's no difference in the "no-boot"-issue. But I see the device in the System Report at least:
View attachment 5470

This was empty before. Anyways, the device does not work. I get no connection to the device. I guess because Hotplug does not work yet without the SSDT.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance and I try to give all the missing information as fast as possible.

BR
Jay

Details:
1. Thunderbolt Chip and Family: Titan Ridge 2.0 (JHL7540) FLASHED and also one with Original Firmware.
2. Thunderbolt Vendor/Manufacturer: Gigabyte
3. Thunderbolt Type (Onboard or AIC): AIC
4. Thunderbolt AIC PCI Slot Location: SLOT 4 (last slot)
5. THB_C header Availability: NO and Bridged Pins
6. TB BIOS Settings Availability: YES (set to no security and memory allocated is default settings of 128mb)
7. Motherboard Model: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master Rev 1.0
8. CPU Model: AMD 5800x3d
9. macOS version: latest Ventura
10. Copy of IOReg: attached
11. Kextcache output:
kextcache -i/
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild
Unknown option '--check-rebuild'

View attachment 5468

View attachment 5471

Incomplete PR Files attached. Provide the PR files as described in the FAQ:

Your implementation isn't correct. You must adapt the SSDT correctly. Moreover, your configuration is not as per the guide.

Read here:

Thanks a lot @EliteMacx86 for helping me out over discord.
After trying a lot of things over the last weeks and other periods of time and motivation, things have gotten a little bit messy in my EFI and PC-Config.
This type of issues, specially for hackintosh, can only be solved by sticking to the guides by the word before starting experiments.
The most important fix here was the BIOS-Settings which prevented the hackintosh to boot when adding the SSDT.
I was on F36e - which is a beta Bios Version.
After going on F36 stable and having the right Bios Settings, things started to work.

Right now I'm using the flashed Titan Ridge, which is necessary for Hot Plug working. But take care, because Hot Plug will NOT work on Windows then. Hot Plug will only work on Windows with the Original Firmware. At least in my Setup.

BR and many thankses again!
Jay

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Thanks a lot @EliteMacx86 for helping me out over discord.
After trying a lot of things over the last weeks and other periods of time and motivation, things have gotten a little bit messy in my EFI and PC-Config.
This type of issues, specially for hackintosh, can only be solved by sticking to the guides by the word before starting experiments.
The most important fix here was the BIOS-Settings which prevented the hackintosh to boot when adding the SSDT.
I was on F36e - which is a beta Bios Version.
After going on F36 stable and having the right Bios Settings, things started to work.

Right now I'm using the flashed Titan Ridge, which is necessary for Hot Plug working. But take care, because Hot Plug will NOT work on Windows then. Hot Plug will only work on Windows with the Original Firmware. At least in my Setup.

BR and many thankses again!
Jay

Glad it's working for you now :)

@EliteMacx86 I wonder if you can help. My Titan Ridge is working fine after starting up and restarting once, but hotplug/cold boot isn’t working—I imagine I’ve made a mistake somewhere but I can’t seem to work out exactly where.

Thunderbolt Chip & Family: Titan Ridge v2.0 (flashed with custom firmware)
Thunderbolt Vendor/Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
Thunderbolt Type (Onboard or AIC): AIC
Thunderbolt AIC PCI Slot Location: 4th slot
THB_C header Availability: None, jumper wire used
TB BIOS Settings Availability: None
Motherboard Model: MSI MAG Mortar B550M
CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
macOS version: Ventura 13.1
Kextcache:
Copy of IOReg: see attached

Any help much appreciated!

All the best,

fhpbftyxguozakduzd

Attachments

• pcidevices.plist fhpbftyxguozakduzd.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
  • System Report Thunderbolt fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    System Report Thunderbolt fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IOReg fhpbftyxguozakduzd.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • OC Folder fhpbftyxguozakduzd.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Hackintool PCIe fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    Hackintool PCIe fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    769 KB · Views: 15
  • System Report PCI fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    System Report PCI fhpbftyxguozakduzd.png
    113 KB · Views: 15
@EliteMacx86 I wonder if you can help. My Titan Ridge is working fine after starting up and restarting once, but hotplug/cold boot isn’t working—I imagine I’ve made a mistake somewhere but I can’t seem to work out exactly where.

Thunderbolt Chip & Family: Titan Ridge v2.0 (flashed with custom firmware)
Thunderbolt Vendor/Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
Thunderbolt Type (Onboard or AIC): AIC
Thunderbolt AIC PCI Slot Location: 4th slot
THB_C header Availability: None, jumper wire used
TB BIOS Settings Availability: None
Motherboard Model: MSI MAG Mortar B550M
CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
macOS version: Ventura 13.1
Kextcache:
Copy of IOReg: see attached

Any help much appreciated!

All the best,

fhpbftyxguozakduzd

Your implementation for Thunderbolt HotPlug is not correct. In addition, the configuration is not as per the guide. Cleanup is required.

Managed to fully resolve this; hot plug is now working 100%. For anyone else with my setup looking to do the same, here's the altered code I used in the beginning of the SSDT that ended up working for me (slight deviation from the guide, but it works):

Code:
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20, DeviceObj)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20)
        {
            Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized)  // _RMV: Removal Status
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }

Enabling the various 'Wake on' settings in the BIOS then gave me full functionality.

Managed to fully resolve this; hot plug is now working 100%. For anyone else with my setup looking to do the same, here's the altered code I used in the beginning of the SSDT that ended up working for me (slight deviation from the guide, but it works):

Code:
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20, DeviceObj)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
    {
        Scope (\_SB.PCI0.GPP1.PT02.PT20)
        {
            Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized)  // _RMV: Removal Status
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }

Enabling the various 'Wake on' settings in the BIOS then gave me full functionality.

Glad you got it working. Will update the guide for AMD systems accordingly.

Hello.
Has anyone successfully hot-plugged Thunderbolt on the X570 Taichi?
Two weeks of trial and error with no success.

MB: ASRock X570 Taichi (BIOS has Thunderbolt Support enabled, No Security)
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
Card: Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge (NVM23) (header jumped)
What I want to connect: UAD Apollo twin mk2

I've tried various things based on the tutorials, but the hotplug doesn't work.

I got the ACPI Path from IO Reg and filled in the SSDT, but when I enable this SSDT
PCI0/BXBR/BYUP/BYD1/BYS1
is displayed, ThunderboltNHI disappears, and it is no longer recognized as a Thunderbolt card.

Also, if you disable SSDT, it will be recognized by cold boot and warm boot, but hot plug can not be used.
The attached image is when SSDT is enabled. 1676345887953.jpg

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-SLOT-5.aml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Has anyone successfully hot-plugged Thunderbolt on the X570 Taichi?

Not exactly on the Taichi but it has been done on X570.

I've tried various things based on the tutorials, but the hotplug doesn't work.

I got the ACPI Path from IO Reg and filled in the SSDT, but when I enable this SSDT
PCI0/BXBR/BYUP/BYD1/BYS1
is displayed, ThunderboltNHI disappears, and it is no longer recognized as a Thunderbolt card.

Also, if you disable SSDT, it will be recognized by cold boot and warm boot, but hot plug can not be used.
The attached image is when SSDT is enabled.

Incomplete PR Files attached. Check "Problem Reporting" in the first post.

Hi there, mate

I have an Antelope Discrete 8, and a Maple Ridge (Thunderbolt 4) on a Gigabyte Z690. Aero G.
Im having trouble with getting my Antelope Discrete 8 to work with my new setup. I believe there is no chance to have a Th 2 to 3 device hot plugged on a Thunderbolt 4 chip, not even in Windows...

Is it elementary to have hot plug working for the antelope to go in your setup?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refas13114