• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

GUIDE How to Disable Discrete Graphics in Dual GPU Laptops (NVIDIA/AMD) on macOS

Hello,

OK, take the EFi Folder

Thank You a Lot
Your configuration is not as per the guide.

Start here:

Hey

I'm trying to disable the dGPU of my laptop but there doesn't seem to be an _OFF function, only a _PS3. The issue is that the power consumption of the nvidia gpu is still pretty high. Cuts my battery life in half, coming from windows.
It is kinda weird that the function is missing as the laptop is fairly recent and the predecessor and successor seem to have the _OFF function. So, I might be missing something.

Can you help me locate the _OFF function? That would be amazing!

My Specs:

MacOS Big Sur 11.6

Dell XPS 15 9500
Intel Core i7 10750H
Intel UHD 630 / GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB

I hope the files I provided are the right ones.
The one thing I didn't provide is the kextcache output, I couldn't find how to get that. Is there some kind of command?

Hey

I'm trying to disable the dGPU of my laptop but there doesn't seem to be an _OFF function, only a _PS3. The issue is that the power consumption of the nvidia gpu is still pretty high. Cuts my battery life in half, coming from windows.
It is kinda weird that the function is missing as the laptop is fairly recent and the predecessor and successor seem to have the _OFF function. So, I might be missing something.

Can you help me locate the _OFF function? That would be amazing!

My Specs:

MacOS Big Sur 11.6

Dell XPS 15 9500
Intel Core i7 10750H
Intel UHD 630 / GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB

I hope the files I provided are the right ones.
The one thing I didn't provide is the kextcache output, I couldn't find how to get that. Is there some kind of command?
No ACPI files attached.

Oh, I just realized that the file I wanted to upload is too large. Thats why it isn't atttched to my post.

Oh, I just realized that the file I wanted to upload is too large. Thats why it isn't atttched to my post.
Please use Google Drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pp23