• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

GC Alpine Ridge v2.0 Flashed macOS not recognized in windows 11

I preferer to go with catalina with a ready dmg file to install it via USB for a fresh install in a new empty disk. this is possible ??

I preferer to go with catalina with a ready dmg file to install it via USB for a fresh install in a new empty disk. this is possible ??
No, you need to prepare the configuration first. Moreover, you need to check whether your hardware is compatible or not.

Start here:

Thank you I started from youtube and it's not easy I will follow you guide. Just one question I need to follow this guide in the target machine or I can create the USB in my laptop for a desktop target machine ??

Thank you I started from youtube and it's not easy I will follow you guide. Just one question I need to follow this guide in the target machine or I can create the USB in my laptop for a desktop target machine ??
Determining compatibility has to be done on the target machine. For creating configuration and preparing a bootable disk, you can do it on any system, whether Mac, Windows, Linux. It does not necessarily have to be the target computer.

Today I got the SPI flasher and the First step I need to verify with you if I need to downgrade the SPI flasher to 3.3v or I can use with the default 5v without damage the Gigabyte Card ??

And I will be back to you after getting the backup of all the ships Blue and Green with the default firmware and I will test the patched firmware's and try one by one and I hope if you have a Titan Ridge for windows with SL0 ready to flash.

thank you.

Today I got the SPI flasher and the First step I need to verify with you if I need to downgrade the SPI flasher to 3.3v or I can use with the default 5v without damage the Gigabyte Card ??
You should be able to flash it using 5v for the Gigabyte Card. Although, proceed at your own risk!
And I will be back to you after getting the backup of all the ships Blue and Green with the default firmware and I will test the patched firmware's and try one by one and I hope if you have a Titan Ridge for windows with SL0 ready to flash.
Unfortunately, I have not documented "Patching Thunderbolt Security Level" yet. Although, the Internet is vast and you should be able to patch the firmware. Note that with the patched firmware (for macOS/OS X), the Thunderbolt will not work on Windows/Linux.

Titan Ridge is a good start to avoid compatibility issues.

Hi again my friends,

I took some time to flash the Titan Ridge 2 to version 50 with SL0 and now windows 11 recognize the card and show well the version of controller and the Firmware.

Now when I connect the Lacie thunderbolt device it's detected but windows have another problem and it's can't bridge and map the disk and I got an error 31 in device manager.

Any idea please to help me to solve the last step !!

Attachments

• 04.png
    04.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 05.png
    05.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
By the way I tested the Alpine Ridge rev 2 in my friend Mac pro and it's worked with Catalina and the disk is shown in the second boot.

I didn't found the Firmware of this version to flash it back to use it in windows again.

Can someone confirm the CG Alpine Ridge Rev 2 is the DSL6540 Thunderbolt 3 Bridge [Alpine Ridge 4C 2015] with PCI ID : 0x1578 Or 15D2

I tried some bin files but no one work except the : GC-ALPINE RIDGE-NVM21-V3-NATA.bin windows detect the card but no the thunderbolt software and in the device manager I got "thunderbolt 15D2"

and when I checked the AlpineRidgeGC-V3.bin that is already installed in the card give me Thunderbolt 1578.

I am so confused with this card because I can't found the original Firmware to make it back to windows and it's maybe will work easy with windows. Please if someone have a backup file of this firmware please share it.

Hi again my friends,

I took some time to flash the Titan Ridge 2 to version 50 with SL0 and now windows 11 recognize the card and show well the version of controller and the Firmware.

Now when I connect the Lacie thunderbolt device it's detected but windows have another problem and it's can't bridge and map the disk and I got an error 31 in device manager.

Any idea please to help me to solve the last step !!
Attach the Screenshots in English!

Sorry My friend I can't change my windows language but it's the " PCI Express Upstream Switch Port " and I hope you have a solution for this problem !!

Thank you

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x0samnan