• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Enable USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port on AS Rock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

OK

I enabled the two SSDts changed BIOS settings and now Hackintool looks like this:
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 12.31.27.png
Connecting the HomePod did not turn the USB-C port green but I don't think it behaves like a USB key so I'll get one later.

But as the port seems to be seen by Hackintool maybe I don't need to remap all ports but generate a new kext+SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and replace the ones I currently use and that should be enough?

I've attached IOReg and the new USBPorts kext I'm not currently using, if everything looks right, I'll replace the kext in my EFI and post a last set of full PR files for the road...

Thanks!

Attachments

• PR files.zip
    1 MB · Views: 36
I enabled the two SSDts changed BIOS settings and now Hackintool looks like this:
Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 12.31.27.png
It looks good.
But as the port seems to be seen by Hackintool maybe I don't need to remap all ports but generate a new kext+SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and replace the ones I currently use and that should be enough?
Yeah, a new kext should be good. You don't need to replace SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Last PR files for the road 🤞 Does everything look ok now for USB-C and TB 3?

I'll get a USB-C key next week to check and confirm that the implementation actually works.

Attachments

• PR files.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 50
Last PR files for the road 🤞 Does everything look ok now for USB-C and TB 3?

I'll get a USB-C key next week to check and confirm that the implementation actually works.
Everything looks good!

Reactions: gipsy
Thanks! This thread can be closed then unless it's ok to keep it open until I get a USB-C key and confirms it works.

If it does, it looks like my Hack is finally all set up, thanks again for your time, I really appreciated this

Thanks! This thread can be closed then unless it's ok to keep it open until I get a USB-C key and confirms it works.
I'll leave it open!
If it does, it looks like my Hack is finally all set up, thanks again for your time, I really appreciated this
Of course. Anytime :)

Reactions: gipsy
Hi there,

Little update: I did not manage to find a USB-C key to test the port yet, I did find a USB-A/USB/C adapter but this didn't work (tested both MacOS and Windows) so I think I need to get a real USB-c device to try. Is it possible I did not configure the BIOS properly?
Image.jpeg
Specifically I am not sure if "Thunderbolt Boot Support" and "Thunderbolt Usb Support" should be left as currently configured or should be set to disable.

PS: Issue with reboot is back, could you reopen the other thread or should I create a new one?

Thanks!

Little update: I did not manage to find a USB-C key to test the port yet, I did find a USB-A/USB/C adapter but this didn't work (tested both MacOS and Windows) so I think I need to get a real USB-c device to try. Is it possible I did not configure the BIOS properly?
Not all adapters are good. Often, you need a real device to test with ;)

BIOS Settings for Thunderbolt looks good.
Specifically I am not sure if "Thunderbolt Boot Support" and "Thunderbolt Usb Support" should be left as currently configured or should be set to disable.
It depends on what your IOReg says.
PS: Issue with reboot is back, could you reopen the other thread or should I create a new one?
The thread can be reopened.

Attachments

• iMac.zip
    973.4 KB · Views: 39
I guess so. I'll need to buy one device then, will do this but later; it'z not a priority.

IOReg attached

Thanks a lot!
The implementation looks correct and it will remain as it is.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsva011002