• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

SOLVED questions about XFX - AMD Radeon RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabbermatt

Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaCentre 710-25ISH
CPU
i7, Xeon
Graphics
Nvidia K5000
OS X/macOS
14.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
in post

the Staff admin mentions that "XFX cards have issues on Mac side."

I searched and couldn't find any other references to these issues. Could someone please elaborate on the issues or direct me to the thread?

I am looking to buy one used this weekend for a very good deal

thanks in advance!

in post

the Staff admin mentions that "XFX cards have issues on Mac side."

I searched and couldn't find any other references to these issues. Could someone please elaborate on the issues or direct me to the thread?

I am looking to buy one used this weekend for a very good deal

thanks in advance!
Its a hit or a miss. Depends on the model. For some model, we had to crossflash and some worked OOTB with zero problems.

Its a hit or a miss. Depends on the model. For some model, we had to crossflash and some worked OOTB with zero problems.
thanks for the quick reply
now I need to teach myself how to crossflash just in case (would you mind directing me to some directions, if available?)

hard to beat $50

this one seems to work kind of, at the login screen when I hit enter after password it seems to crash back to the login screen. Same with the power menu item.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance!

thanks for the quick reply
now I need to teach myself how to crossflash just in case (would you mind directing me to some directions, if available?)

hard to beat $50
In the Graphics forum, a quick summary exists.

this one seems to work kind of, at the login screen when I hit enter after password it seems to crash back to the login screen. Same with the power menu item.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
More explanation is needed

Great news!

the only thing blocking it was that I was attempting an upgrade from a Nvidia Kepler card (K5000) and still needed to remove the root patches with OCLP (after reinstalling the old card) then reboot with the new card installed and reapply the OCLP root patches (only needed for my wifi) after a successful login with the fully functional XFX AMD RX 580

guess I got lucky to have one of the cards that works. as I still cannot find the crossflash summary you mentioned. only a couple of mentions that it was sometimes needed

thanks for the great community and all the videos!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
the only thing blocking it was that I was attempting an upgrade from a Nvidia Kepler card (K5000) and still needed to remove the root patches with OCLP (after reinstalling the old card) then reboot with the new card installed and reapply the OCLP root patches (only needed for my wifi) after a successful login with the fully functional XFX AMD RX 580
Yes, the root patches must be reverted if you had a different hardware before.

guess I got lucky to have one of the cards that works. as I still cannot find the crossflash summary you mentioned. only a couple of mentions that it was sometimes needed
Sounds great :love:

thanks for the great community and all the videos!
You're welcome!

Closing this thread now as the original issue is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapis