• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Success. Thankyou! Followed Method #2 in your guide for making a standalone Ventura installer app using gibmacOS.

View attachment 5201

If you've got a minute to check my PR files, I'd appreciate your evaluation.

PR files: https://anonfiles.com/99b826E8y7/Archive_zip

Kextcache output problem: Executing sudo kextcache -i/ in Terminal yields error msg:

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild
Unknown option '--check-rebuild'

(something about kextcache being deprecated and replaced by kmutil)
Here are a few issues.

Make the following changes to your config.plist

- SSDT loading order is not correct. Important SSDTs should load first.
- Remove unused SSDT from ACPI directory and also from ACPI>Add section.
- Remove entry from ACPI>Patch section.
- IRQ Conflicts are not patched.
- Brightness not implemented. SSDT-PNLF is missing.
- Battery meter not implemented. ACPI is not patched.
- Remove the Devices except PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).
- hda-gfx must be set to onboard-1 as STRING type.
- Connectors are not patched.
- Kexts loading order is not correct. Important Kexts should load first.
- Set KernelArch to Auto.
- As dGPU isn't supported in Optimus configuration, remove RadeonSensor and SMCRadeonGPU.kext.
- Remove RestrictEvents.kext
- AirportItlwm is more preferred over itlwm.
- Set KernelArch to Auto.
- Remove all the entries from Kernel>Patch section.
- Enable CustomSMBIOSGuid Quirk from Kernel>Quirks section.
- Remove all the tools entries from Misc>Tools section except for the one which you require.
- Set SecureBootModel to Default.
- Set Expose Sensitive Data to 6 Misc>Security.
- Remove agdpmod=pikera boot arg from NVRAM.
- Set the SMBIOS to MacBookPro15,2.
- Set UpdateSMBIOSMode to Custom.
- Drivers loading order is not correct. Important Drivers should load first.
- Remove the unused drivers.

Once you're done with the changes, save your config.plist. Restart the system and reset NVRAM twice. Attach the new PR files.

Reactions: dman
Thankyou so much for this. Most generous 🙏🏾 It may take a few days to work through the list, am getting started and will report back asap.

Update: many of your suggested changes (eg RadeonSensor, SMCRadeonGPU.kext, RestrictEvents.kext, agdpmod=pikera, itlwm) are not present in my config.plist/EFI.

I downloaded my PR files from Post #60 and they are correct – the attachment link is https://anonfiles.com/99b826E8y7/Archive_zip

Could you please recheck?

Also, should I open a new topic for this discussion to keep the current thread clean?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteMacx86
It may take a few days to work through the list, am getting started and will report back asap.
Surely. Take your time!
Update: many of your suggested changes (eg RadeonSensor, SMCRadeonGPU.kext, RestrictEvents.kext, agdpmod=pikera, itlwm) are not present in my config.plist/EFI.
Great!
Could you please recheck?
Have you implemented all the above changes?
Also, should I open a new topic for this discussion to keep the current thread clean?
Each new thread for a separate issue. Or a single dedicated thread for your Laptop.

Reactions: dman
Step #6 will format the target disk. Proceed with caution.

Thanks for the guide!

If I partition my ssd, will the part with windows be okay or will the whole drive be formatted?

Thanks for the guide!

If I partition my ssd, will the part with windows be okay or will the whole drive be formatted?
If using GPT and the system is using UEFI Boot mode, you can Dual Boot both OS on a single drive. However, backup your ESP content first.

Reactions: Red
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Preparing OpenCore EFI

Hey again! So after downloading the OS and preparing the USB I downloaded OpenCore but my 12th gen Intel Alder Lake isn’t an option.

I also realised after looking into OpenCore that no NVIDIA RTX cards (20 or 30 series) are compatible. I’ve got a 3080.

So I’ve got an unlisted cpu and an incompatible graphics card. I was hoping to use this for video editing and Xcode so not sure how the editing will go without a graphics card.

Is there any chance this would work? Not sure if I should go on from here. Have you got any experience with this? Thanks

12th gen Intel Alder Lake isn’t an option.
Alder Lake is supported.
I also realised after looking into OpenCore that no NVIDIA RTX cards (20 or 30 series) are compatible. I’ve got a 3080.
Yes, exactly. None of the NVIDIA RTX GPUs are compatible on any macOS version.
So I’ve got an unlisted cpu and an incompatible graphics card. I was hoping to use this for video editing and Xcode so not sure how the editing will go without a graphics card.
Well, IGPU is unsupported since Rocket Lake and NVIDIA aren't supported. The only option is upgrading to an AMD GPU.
Is there any chance this would work?
In terms of GPU, no, not at all.
Have you got any experience with this?
Experience with?

Thank you for your replies! I might go with AMD in the future then.

Experience with?
Would it still be usable without a GPU… or an IGPU I gues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Professional_DR01