• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

You can map the keyboard manually. To do that, you can use Karabiner Elements.
Thanks!! i made the change from alt to command key but the alt key still has the command function. Can I undo that?

Thanks!! i made the change from alt to command key but the alt key still has the command function. Can I undo that?
I still need option button to its job

I'm sorry if I sound like a complete moron. I've got AMD Radeon RTX580 Card which I want to run under Monterey on Apple MacPro 5.1.
I can mount EFI partition but what tool/s do I need to edit config.plist according to the guide?

Thank you

I'm sorry if I sound like a complete moron. I've got AMD Radeon RTX580 Card which I want to run under Monterey on Apple MacPro 5.1.
I can mount EFI partition but what tool/s do I need to edit config.plist according to the guide?

Thank you
RTX 580?

Seems like you meant RX580. You can use OpenCore Configurator or OCAT.

RTX 580?

Seems like you meant RX580. You can use OpenCore Configurator or OCAT.
Thank you for your answer. The card is Polaris 20XL (Radeon RX 580 2048sp).
I have downloaded OpenCore Configurator and followed the guide, but there is no change after restart and no GPU enabled. I must be doing something wrong or missed something. Please help. I attached the original zipped EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for your answer. The card is Polaris 20XL (Radeon RX 580 2048sp).
I have downloaded OpenCore Configurator and followed the guide, but there is no change after restart and no GPU enabled. I must be doing something wrong or missed something. Please help. I attached the original zipped EFI
RX 580 2048sp does not work OOTB. You'll need to spoof the Device ID. Probably to 67DF.

Read here:

I admit that I really lack understanding of intricate system settings that for you might be very easy task. But the GIUDES for someone like me need to be much more detailed. for example:

"STEP 1: Finding ACPI Path of the GPU

The very first step is to find the ACPI path of the GPU. Without the correct path, the spoof will never work."

so I launch MaciASL and get System DSDT window. Where do I look for the path for GPU?
It is very complicate task for me because I have no Idea what I need to look for. Is it the right thing at all? I really need detailed instructions for what to change and where, and what options to use. I absolutely adore your ability to navigate this but i cannot do it myself without help. And I am really ashamed to waste your time on this seemingly trivial things you guys understand without any problems.

Thank you for your patience.

I admit that I really lack understanding of intricate system settings that for you might be very easy task. But the GIUDES for someone like me need to be much more detailed. for example:

"STEP 1: Finding ACPI Path of the GPU

The very first step is to find the ACPI path of the GPU. Without the correct path, the spoof will never work."

so I launch MaciASL and get System DSDT window. Where do I look for the path for GPU?
It is very complicate task for me because I have no Idea what I need to look for. Is it the right thing at all? I really need detailed instructions for what to change and where, and what options to use. I absolutely adore your ability to navigate this but i cannot do it myself without help. And I am really ashamed to waste your time on this seemingly trivial things you guys understand without any problems.

Thank you for your patience.
Seems like you quoted a different guide in reply:

Please check the video guide below:

Thank you very much for taking the time for reading my frustrated posts. Even if you do not provide fast answers for my questions it is still a valuable source of information.

I did not quote the wrong guide. My GPU card is AMD RX 580 2048sp which as you pointed out in your earlier response does not work OOTB and therefore needs to be spoofed. So my question stands:

"so I launch MaciASL and get System DSDT window. Where do I look for the path for GPU?

Please help and thank you very much for your continuous support.

Aspalex

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayne910094