• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Disabling Discrete Gpu (Nvidia) in macOS Hp Pavilion cc178cl

Chucksmmadu

Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15 cc178cl
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U kabylake R
Graphics
Nvidia geforce 940Mx
OS X/macOS
10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I Couldn't find the an off method to disable my Nvidia in the DSDT or SSDT.

Attachments

• debug_26743.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I Couldn't find the an off method to disable my Nvidia in the DSDT or SSDT.
No disassembled files found. Attach the original+disassembled files+screenshot where you couldn't find the off method.

Here it is... Maybe I'm doing it wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 18.16.40.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 18.16.40.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
  • origin.zip
    633.8 KB · Views: 195
Here it is... Maybe I'm doing it wrong
Is wrong. The directory isn't active. The directory must be a working directory. Follow the guide.

I used cd /Users/mmadu/Desktop/Patches/origin/New\ Dsl\ files to navigate to the folder and typing ls shows all the files in the folder in .dsl before typing the "grep -l Method.*_OFF *.dsl" Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 18.38.17.png

I used cd /Users/mmadu/Desktop/Patches/origin/New\ Dsl\ files to navigate to the folder and typing ls shows all the files in the folder in .dsl before typing the "grep -l Method.*_OFF *.dsl"View attachment 2042
Better to move the origin folder to your Desktop and also disassemble the files there only. This is what i've mentioned in the guide to make it easy. Once the disassembly gets completed, find the method using grep command as instructed in the guide.

Reactions: Chucksmmadu
Ok after some works, here's my new file.

Attachments

• debug_546.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 622
Ok after some works, here's my new file.
The card looks disabled as the method has been added but i always recommend the approach in the guide.
The method is already there. Just apply the DSDT patch and it should do the job and if you plan to go for the full set of ACPI, the same needs to be done in the SSDT.

Ok i understand... Thanks!

Reactions: EliteMacx86

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayoneget