• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Battery draining issue with Dell 5570

am303737

Motherboard
Dell 5570
CPU
intel i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 / AMD Radeon 530
OS X/macOS
10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After trying Hackintosh for the first time on my laptop, it works fine with a little number of problems BUT I noticed that the battery can't hold a charge for more than 1 hour (it was 2.5 hours with Windows 10) ... I didn't find any solution. to that problem!

My specs are:
Dell 5570
CPU: i5 8250U
GPU: UHD 620 / Radeon 530 (Full Acceleration is ON)

Attachments

• debug_31677.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 203
After trying Hackintosh for the first time on my laptop, it works fine with a little number of problems BUT I noticed that the battery can't hold a charge for more than 1 hour (it was 2.5 hours with Windows 10) ... I didn't find any solution. to that problem!

My specs are:
Dell 5570
CPU: i5 8250U
GPU: UHD 620 / Radeon 530 (Full Acceleration is ON)
Here are few issues.

• Remove all the kexts from L/E
  • Remove the following kexts from the Clover.
  • AppleACPIPlatform.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • VoodooBattery.kext
The ACPI is not patched properly. You must patch it. Follow the guide here:

The ACPI is not patched properly.
thanks I'm working on that .. but RehabMan_laptop patches for batteries don't have my laptop model !!

thanks I'm working on that .. but RehabMan_laptop patches for batteries don't have my laptop model !!
What's the Laptop series? Latitude, XPS, Inspiron, or Vostro

What's the Laptop series? Latitude, XPS, Inspiron, or Vostro

it's Dell Inspiron 5570

• Remove the following kexts from the Clover.
  • AppleACPIPlatform.kext
  • VoodooBattery.kext

Note: I have done all and when I restarted the laptop the battery status icon disappeared (it was an issue before)

Update: I have installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext and it made the battery icon reappear

But I think I still need a patch to solve that fast draining of my battery

it's Dell Inspiron 5570

Note: I have done all and when I restarted the laptop the battery status icon disappeared (it was an issue before)
Apply "Dell-Inspiron-15-7xxx" patch to your DSDT. Make sure you repatch it as the patches are missing.

Update: I have installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext and it made the battery icon reappear

But I think I still need a patch to solve that fast draining of my battery
Yes, the reason is the removal of VoodBattery. You need to patch your DSDT. Use "Dell-Inspiron-15-7xxx" as a battery patch to your DSDT.

Yes, the reason is the removal of VoodBattery. You need to patch your DSDT. Use "Dell-Inspiron-15-7xxx" as a battery patch to your DSDT.

I think the patch worked; because the battery mete is now much accurate and doesn't jump around like from 53% to 45% But the main issue still remains the battery is being sucked up very fast; as I said 1 and half hour lower than windows.

I think being able to turn off Bluetooth would help for now but I can't because it doesn't allow me to ... any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_31799.zip
    3 MB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.03.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.03.31 AM.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 210
I think the patch worked; because the battery mete is now much accurate and doesn't jump around like from 53% to 45% But the main issue still remains the battery is being sucked up very fast; as I said 1 and half hour lower than windows.

I think being able to turn off Bluetooth would help for now but I can't because it doesn't allow me to ... any ideas?
Here are some issues

In the Kernel and Kext Patches, select "DellSMBIOSPatch"
Remove the following kexts from L/E
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
GPU rename is missing. I suggest you to remove all the DSDT and SSDTs and extract a fresh one then patch it according to the guide below.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanch.digital