• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Track pad works in open core but doesn't work in clover

eleeMac101

Motherboard
Acer intel hm 370 Motherboard
CPU
intel core i5 9300h
Graphics
gtx 1650
OS X/macOS
10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
  2. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First of all I would like to thank the entire community for all the resources and help. Thank you all !!

I am using a laptop with intel core i5 9300h, intel hm 370 Motherboard and gtx 1650 dgpu. I am very new to all this and have a basic idea of clover and open core. I used the guide at open core and tried to set up several times but unfortunately couldn't get past even the boot screen. Then I found clover and installed Catalina.

But there were some issues and when I started searching to fix them , I found this github repo https://github.com/SaeedHaidar/Nitro-5-an517-51-Hackintosh. The Open core configuration here works well for my laptop except that i can't dual boot and use itlwm and Bluetooth . But using the clover config everything works except track pad because the author of the repo included fixes for trackpad in opencore only and they work in my laptop when i use OC. But i want to use clover since this has only 1 issue for me to fix and has excellent dual boot support

So now all i needed to do was simply transfer the track pad related fixes made in open core to clover . I used all the kexts used in open core in the clover kext/others folder and also included all the acpi files of open core into clover . But still the trackpad doesn't work . The trackpad in question is ELAN 0515. Can anyone please help me figure out why the trackpad is working in open core and not in clover . Are there any changes to be made in the clover config file ? Please help

First of all I would like to thank the entire community for all the resources and help. Thank you all !!

I am using a laptop with intel core i5 9300h, intel hm 370 Motherboard and gtx 1650 dgpu. I am very new to all this and have a basic idea of clover and open core. I used the guide at open core and tried to set up several times but unfortunately couldn't get past even the boot screen. Then I found clover and installed Catalina.

But there were some issues and when I started searching to fix them , I found this github repo https://github.com/SaeedHaidar/Nitro-5-an517-51-Hackintosh. The Open core configuration here works well for my laptop except that i can't dual boot and use itlwm and Bluetooth . But using the clover config everything works except track pad because the author of the repo included fixes for trackpad in opencore only and they work in my laptop when i use OC. But i want to use clover since this has only 1 issue for me to fix and has excellent dual boot support

So now all i needed to do was simply transfer the track pad related fixes made in open core to clover . I used all the kexts used in open core in the clover kext/others folder and also included all the acpi files of open core into clover . But still the trackpad doesn't work . The trackpad in question is ELAN 0515. Can anyone please help me figure out why the trackpad is working in open core and not in clover . Are there any changes to be made in the clover config file ? Please help
No PR files attached. OpenCore guide will be added soon.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitosan