• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Reboot during format in disk utility and installation process on a razer blade 14

TheChronic

Motherboard
Razer blade 14
CPU
Ryzen 9 6900hx
Graphics
Radeon 680m
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware: CPU: ryzen 9 6900hx iGPU: Radeon 680m 1tb nvme 16gb ram ddr5 OS: Ventura Wifi works

I am 95 percent there. I have seen several post with a successful installation on a razer blade 14 with the same hardware. I mapped my usb ports before attempting to install macOS. I am able to boot to the installer just fine but while I’m trying to format my disk or actually installing macOS on the drive, it will reboot. I noticed around the 10-13 minute mark is when it reboots while installing. Any ideas on what could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

Hardware: CPU: ryzen 9 6900hx iGPU: Radeon 680m 1tb nvme 16gb ram ddr5 OS: Ventura Wifi works

I am 95 percent there. I have seen several post with a successful installation on a razer blade 14 with the same hardware. I mapped my usb ports before attempting to install macOS. I am able to boot to the installer just fine but while I’m trying to format my disk or actually installing macOS on the drive, it will reboot. I noticed around the 10-13 minute mark is when it reboots while installing. Any ideas on what could be the issue? Thanks in advance.
Sounds like its an NVRAM issue or mostly the drive. Provide a screenshot of the Disk Utility with the target disk selected.

Also, what macOS are you trying to install? Is the Bootable USB an online Recovery or offline installer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gusknzn