• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Intel UHD620 no GPU acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to load recovery to install it
Use a bogus ig-platform id to load the installer. Once installed, change the bogus id with the actual one and rebuild kextcache. Restart and you should be in.

Should I use another ig-platform-id like 0000C087?
A bogus id usually means an invalid id such as 0x12345678. You need to use it in reverse bytes.
How do I do that?
To rebuild the kextcache, simply execute the command below in Terminal.

sudo kextcache -i/

A bogus id usually means an invalid id such as 0x12345678. You need to use it in reverse bytes.

To rebuild the kextcache, simply execute the command below in Terminal.

sudo kextcache -i/
I used the invalid id, rebuilt kextcache and now I get a kernel panic while booting

I used the invalid id, rebuilt kextcache and now I get a kernel panic while booting
Provide config.plist to check and attach the KP log.

Provide config.plist to check and attach the KP log.
My bad, actually I did not install it because it keep saying "you are not connected to the internet" but I'm using an usb hub with an rj45 port, by network utilty it seems recognized but it's still not workin.
With Monterey sometimes it worked like there was a 50% that it didn't work but all I needed to do was to restart and try again. I currently have an unsupported wifi card, I would have bought a compatible one once macOS was all running.
By windows I can see that the card inside the hub is a realtek 10/100 fe family nic.
Also usb tethering from my iPhone is not working

1648669546781.png
By the way I found a guide on github of a user having my same dell model but looking at my bios the variable is the same but the max memory option in my case is 64mb... is that enough? I don't get why he has other values, I'll try to downgrade the bios and check that version that he has.

My bad, actually I did not install it because it keep saying "you are not connected to the internet" but I'm using an usb hub with an rj45 port, by network utilty it seems recognized but it's still not workin.
With Monterey sometimes it worked like there was a 50% that it didn't work but all I needed to do was to restart and try again. I currently have an unsupported wifi card, I would have bought a compatible one once macOS was all running.
By windows I can see that the card inside the hub is a realtek 10/100 fe family nic.
Also usb tethering from my iPhone is not working
There is Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. No idea without PCIe Report.

View attachment 4183
By the way I found a guide on github of a user having my same dell model but looking at my bios the variable is the same but the max memory option in my case is 64mb... is that enough? I don't get why he has other values, I'll try to downgrade the bios and check that version that he has.
This guide is already described on this forum. No need to downgrade. If that's your IFR, you would need to set to 0x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recbud