• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Instant Wake when USB pluged

sukma

Motherboard
asus h81m-k
CPU
i5 4670
Graphics
rx 560
OS X/macOS
10.15.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I hope anyone can help me
I have instant wake probem.
____

the instant wake problem only occur when theres a drive plugged in a front header usb (HS06).
my mobo only have 2 internal usb header. one i connect to front. another one is wifi/bluetooth card to pcie 1x.

with :
pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to" the result as follow:
Code:
2021-08-27 17:35:08 +0700 Sleep                   Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=97': Using AC (Charge:0%) 18 secs   
2021-08-27 17:35:26 +0700 DarkWake                DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] due to GLAN XHC/: Using AC (Charge:0%) 15 secs   
2021-08-27 17:35:41 +0700 Wake                    DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] due to HID Activity: Using AC (Charge:0%)

i suspect the darkwake, but im not sure

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Send me MAC-h81mk.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
Hi

I hope anyone can help me
I have instant wake probem.
____

the instant wake problem only occur when theres a drive plugged in a front header usb (HS06).
my mobo only have 2 internal usb header. one i connect to front. another one is wifi/bluetooth card to pcie 1x.

with :
pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to" the result as follow:
Code:
2021-08-27 17:35:08 +0700 Sleep                   Entering Sleep state due to 'Software Sleep pid=97': Using AC (Charge:0%) 18 secs  
2021-08-27 17:35:26 +0700 DarkWake                DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] due to GLAN XHC/: Using AC (Charge:0%) 15 secs  
2021-08-27 17:35:41 +0700 Wake                    DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] due to HID Activity: Using AC (Charge:0%)

i suspect the darkwake, but im not sure

thanks in advance
It shows charging info. Is it a Laptop?

no. its not laptop.
let me know if more information needed
or things i need to try

Last edited:
hi thank you.
would you link me how to create PR files in opencore?
from first thread i made that zip with runme.app , now i assuming thats not enough

hi thank you.
would you link me how to create PR files in opencore?
from first thread i made that zip with runme.app , now i assuming thats not enough
Provide the following.

Kextcache output
IOReg
EFI folder with themes excluded.

Provide the following.

Kextcache output
IOReg
EFI folder with themes excluded.

here's the ZIP, i hope its correct.

somehow i just found a way to prevent instant wake occurs by; editing the info.plist in USBmap.kext . instead of 0, i put 255 in HS06.

no more instant wake after that. but i dont know if its just a lazy fix
let me know

Attachments

• Archive-h81mk.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 84
here's the ZIP, i hope its correct.

somehow i just found a way to prevent instant wake occurs by; editing the info.plist in USBmap.kext . instead of 0, i put 255 in HS06.

no more instant wake after that. but i dont know if its just a lazy fix
let me know
Well, there can be issue due to wrong USB ports mapping. The HS06 is set to Connector type 0 and HS10 is set to 255 and that's correct. HS10 is where your Broadcom Bluetooth is connected and as per the USB mapping guide, 255 Connector Type is a Proprietary connector which is for Internal USB Ports such as Bluetooth and macOS always expects Bluetooth as Internal.

The fix you did is correct. It was supposed to be done via USBMap script using commands, but you have done manually.

Mark Solved.

thank you for respond!

what im confuse is ;
255 in HS06 that makes problem gone,
and 0 in HS06 (which should be correct setting) makes problem occur

currently i route the HS06 to front header slot, which i use sometime for thumbdrive occasionally

thank you for respond!

what im confuse is ;
255 in HS06 that makes problem gone,
and 0 in HS06 (which should be correct setting) makes problem occur

currently i route the HS06 to front header slot, which i use sometime for thumbdrive occasionally
As per the PR files you submitted, HS06 is set to 0 not 255. I suggest you to remap the USB ports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twtug