• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Getting back in to hack-in'

knidsrok

Motherboard
ASRock x570 creator
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core
Graphics
Rx 580
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Elitemacx86,

It's been almost 10 years since my last real experience with osx-on-x86, when I put together a microbudget post-production department of 6 Avid bays running OSx Mavericks -- one real MacPro and five mongrel Intel core i5-6-7-8s booting off of clover thumb drives and flop sweat, all built with salvaged components from PCs I'd harvest from the curbsides of Santa Monica, driving around on trash days.

I'm somewhat familiar with Opencore from using it to extend the lifespan of old Macs, but there's been a truly impressive amount development that ai'n seeing for the first time -- and it's a beautiful thing to behold. Y'all have been real busy.

- J.S.H.

• Love
Reactions: EliteMacx86
Hello and Welcome to EliteMacx86!

It's been almost 10 years since my last real experience with osx-on-x86, when I put together a microbudget post-production department of 6 Avid bays running OSx Mavericks -- one real MacPro and five mongrel Intel core i5-6-7-8s booting off of clover thumb drives and flop sweat, all built with salvaged components from PCs I'd harvest from the curbsides of Santa Monica, driving around on trash days.
Those were the golden era times! Crazy experiences. xD

I'm somewhat familiar with Opencore from using it to extend the lifespan of old Macs, but there's been a truly impressive amount development that ai'n seeing for the first time -- and it's a beautiful thing to behold. Y'all have been real busy.
Indeed. There has a lot of been developed, especially since the release of OpenCore.

Trending Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hritam