• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Fixing error after Mojave post installation

Hello there.

now after following the ACPI guide, i patched the DSDT file and put it in the specific folder. now the followings are working:

Audio built in
Graphic
Battery meter
Trackpad
Hot keys " brightness and audio
bluetooth
network

now i have Three issues:

first when i connect my lab with HDMI cable the lab restart.
second when i close the lid the lab never sleep.
Third when the lab sleep it never wakeup and i have to power off then power on again.

Please find the PR files with the attached patched DSDT

Attachments

• PR.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 256
Hello there.

now after following the ACPI guide, i patched the DSDT file and put it in the specific folder. now the followings are working:

Audio built in
Graphic
Battery meter
Trackpad
Hot keys " brightness and audio
bluetooth
network

now i have Three issues:

first when i connect my lab with HDMI cable the lab restart.
second when i close the lid the lab never sleep.
Third when the lab sleep it never wakeup and i have to power off then power on again.

Please find the PR files with the attached patched DSDT
Still some patches have not been applied to your DSDT. And it's not patched as per the guide. The DSDT should not contain the PNLF as per the guide. You've still skipped various things. No USB patches are applied to your DSDT. The config.plist file is not as per the guide. It's a generic one. Probably, from the clover installer.

MBP13,2 is a poor choice and not appropriate for your hardware. For a Kaby Lake hardware, MBP14,1 is the correct choice.

Hello there,

Now i followed the following guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-laptop-dsdt-and-ssdts.178/ , but i still find PNLF in the the DSDT i dont know why, then i changed the MBP to 14,1 as mentioned. the followings functions are working normally

Audio
Battery
Trackpad
Battery meter
functions key [ brightness and audio]

but now when i close the lid it sleeps but never wake up i have to power off.
still didnt try HDMI cable.
now i attached the PR files. thanks to find it

Attachments

• Pr 2.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 289
Now i followed the following guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-laptop-dsdt-and-ssdts.178/ , but i still find PNLF in the the DSDT i dont know why, then i changed the MBP to 14,1 as mentioned. the followings functions are working normally
You must use the correct method for fixing backlight. Follow the guide here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-enable-backlight-control-on-laptop.182/
The second method is quite easy and works like a charm.
but now when i close the lid it sleeps but never wake up i have to power off.
still didnt try HDMI cable.
now i attached the PR files. thanks to find it
Still, the ACPI is not patched correctly, and the config.plist is not from the guide. You're failing to read the guide carefully again and again.

Now regarding the SSDT I have many files which one should be used r to be patched. as I was used to patch the DSDT file only but as per your last feedback and the guide I have to patch both files.

also regarding the config.plist when I used the plist in the following link https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist I lost the functions of the brightness slider and the functions hot keys and some glitches appeared, while the one I was using there functions working normally and no glitches.

PR attached with the plist you asked to use

Attachments

• Pr 3.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 244
Now regarding the SSDT I have many files which one should be used r to be patched. as I was used to patch the DSDT file only but as per your last feedback and the guide I have to patch both files.
As per the guide, you must patch all the SSDTs. Depends what style of patching you use.
also regarding the config.plist when I used the plist in the following link https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist I lost the functions of the brightness slider and the functions hot keys and some glitches appeared, while the one I was using there functions working normally and no glitches.
That's normal. As pointed out, follow the backlight implementation guide.

fine , but I didn't get Depends what style of patching you use ,

now the point of the backlight implementation done, what about the Sleep option and still when I connect the HDMI cable the lap restart.

fine , but I didn't get Depends what style of patching you use ,
Read "Recommended Configurations for using DSDT and SSDTs" in DSDT and SSDTs patching guide.
now the point of the backlight implementation done, what about the Sleep option and still when I connect the HDMI cable the lap restart.
No PR files attached.

Attachments

• Pr.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 257
As per your IOReg, the PNLF is working and brightness controls.
noting that that I can't wake up from sleep , and when connected using HDMI it power off
Repatch your DSDT. As always, i suggest full set of DSDT and SSDTs patching. For the HDMI, patches and framebuffers are present but it's disabled. You need to find the Framebuffer with the help of IOReg and then activate the framebuffer. Some HP laptops has issues for this and the old method will work in such case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pp23